Connectivity Package / Sat Nav Question

Vtec Abuser

Reaction score
Morning guys,

Wondered if you could help?
I have recently ordered my wife a new A1 Sportback S-Line Style Edition on a 3 year deal through our usual lease company. To keep the cost down the car is pretty much standard spec, but we have opted for the connectivity package as she does like playing her music etc through bluetooth on her current car.
Now I am led to believe that with this option we are able to add sat nav as a retrofit, is this correct? If so is it just a simple SD card to enable this to work, or is there more to it than that (dealer software update)? Coming from a VAG background I know that adding sat nav as a retrofit option is always better for the pocket (RNS510 for my Golf etc) and was wondering whether there are any SD Sat Nav cards available elsewhere without getting stung by Audi's prices?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hey,

As long as you have the Navigation Prep then you can go to your main dealer and get this done. There is no other option as it has to be connected to Germany to be activated online.

You're going to be looking between the region of £500 - £600 depending on the dealer.

No other option at the moment to use any other type of navigation. It's all pretty locked down by Audi unfortunately!

Oh ****!!! Ha.. Worth a try I suppose..

My mate is parts manager at my local Audi garage so I will see what he can sort.

Thanks for the help anyway mate.

Hey,

As long as you have the Navigation Prep then you can go to your main dealer and get this done. There is no other option as it has to be connected to Germany to be activated online.

You're going to be looking between the region of £500 - £600 depending on the dealer.

No other option at the moment to use any other type of navigation. It's all pretty locked down by Audi unfortunately!

I appreciate a heads up if he can come up with a cheaper way.

I know that the integrated satnav is more stylish and makes everything look cleaner and everything, but after the pain in the backside that updating it has been I'll never do it again... I bought a big portable one that I can plug into my pc and update in 20 mins

Last edited:
You don't need the Connectivity Package to play music through Bluetooth - you get that anyway.
You do need Connectivity package for Sat Nav prep or if you want to control iPOD throught he car's system

May be a stupid question but as we don't pick up the car until Sunday...

How do you know if you have Nav prep?

There will be 2 SD card slots on the fascia panel and there will be a unit in the glove box for the Audi Music Interface - both parts of the Connectivity Package .

Reactions: Swanny356
Got those so all I've got to find is £500 in a drawer and we're away!! :dejection:

Thanks

Do ring around as there doesn't seem to be a standard price for supply / activate SD card Sat Nav