Connecting phone to car

JingleJangle

Reaction score
Hi All,

The A3 i have has the button you press on the steering wheel which then prompts the stereo to say "speak"

Being a bit thick here but does that mean i have blue tooth connectivity in my car? Its a 8p Sportback S Line model so im hoping it has everything apart from the RSN-E

If so then well happy with that but then i will need some one to explain how to connect it properly to my phone haha!!

Thanks
Phil

Turn ignition on, on the the phone switch on bluetooth and scan, make it visible to others then it should come up with audi pair it will that the code is either 0000 or 1234 can't recall

Nice one Lee, will i be able to scroll through my contacts on the stereo or will it just pick it up once i have dialled through the phone?

Not sure tbh yet to fit my FBMFSW so can't help.At the mo i get no info on the DIS about address book contacts.

Once the phone and car pair , it should download contacts (takes a few mins) so can scroll using stereo.

Excellent!! Well happy with that will save me worrying about having to pull over and call or have it on loud speaker on my lap!!

Will give a try after work!! Just wish it would also play music through bluetooth :-( need to purchase a wire

Right got the phone connected and when i call someone its through the speakers and they hear me fine.

How ever i dont think my stereo will store my contacts so i can scroll through them, its annoying as id of liked it to but its something i didnt know i had any way

Thanks all

Hope you get an answer, be a nice touch or even on the DIS

Have you got the system with the SD card?

Excellent!! Well happy with that will save me worrying about having to pull over and call or have it on loud speaker on my lap!!

Will give a try after work!! Just wish it would also play music through bluetooth :-( need to purchase a wire

How would i know that mate? Ive owned it since July and i really need to sit down and actually look at all the toys its got rather than finding a new one every few weeks lol.

Its the concert strero with the 6 cd changer if i remember correctly.

How would i know that mate? Ive owned it since July and i really need to sit down and actually look at all the toys its got rather than finding a new one every few weeks lol.

Its the concert strero with the 6 cd changer if i remember correctly.

It won't show contacts on stereo, only on the RNS-e. However, you should be able to scroll your contacts on your DIS. Press the mode button on your steering wheel and it will swap between your radio display and your phone book.

For those who do not have a MFSW, then no, you will not get the phonebok on your DIS.

It won't show contacts on stereo, only on the RNS-e. However, you should be able to scroll your contacts on your DIS. Press the mode button on your steering wheel and it will swap between your radio display and your phone book.

For those who do not have a MFSW, then no, you will not get the phonebok on your DIS.
+1

Ah it wont have then - with the RNS-E nav units you press a button and you can slot a SD card inside