Connecting Iphone

Daza

Reaction score
Hi

I have a standard factory fitted sound system with bose in my b7 a4 quattro, how can i connect my iphone if poss, or what factory unit can i replace it with that enables me to connect either Bluetooth or through an AUX socket?!

Thanks

We have the navigation in ours and can't connect the wife's Iphone to the Bluetooth but my Samsung connected in seconds!

We have the navigation in ours and can't connect the wife's Iphone to the Bluetooth but my Samsung connected in seconds!
A lot of Iphones of various generations inc 6 are known to have issues with BT paring with a lot of head units etc and not just audi oem kit.
If your head unit BT was not working then you would not get any device paired up, as your other phone paired up straight away that does really discount that part of the equation.

Have you deleted all the stored phones off the head unit as I'm sure I've read it will only allow 5 in total somewhere.....then again I may have dreamt it!

carl, I use an iPhone 4s and have done for as long time, it used work well with the the BT in our merc etc , then setup dension GWPro BT in the old bus, it worked for a week then stopped , so sold the dension kit , tried to setup/pair it with my pioneer with non success, then found out the its a well known fault with IPhone BT, when you do IOS updates it can and in a lot of cases does really messup BT connectivity with other kit.
My iPhoneafter IOS update will not work will any thing BT orientated now, but everything else does.

Have you deleted all the stored phones off the head unit as I'm sure I've read it will only allow 5 in total somewhere.....then again I may have dreamt it!

How do you do that? I've looked and can't find anything to do with Bluetooth on the menus

Ive just checked and the head unit i have is not compatible to BT, so to my next question, what unit can i replace it with that will be compatible to BT Phone, a picture would be good if you can. Thanks

How do you do that? I've looked and can't find anything to do with Bluetooth on the menus

I've just looked on mine and all there is with regards to BT is reset default settings and enter new PIN.

Ive just checked and the head unit i have is not compatible to BT, so to my next question, what unit can i replace it with that will be compatible to BT Phone, a picture would be good if you can. Thanks

It all depends on what head unit you have in at the moment Daza, I have the R-NSE MkII in mine and all I added was the Microphone, loom, antenna and BT Unit.

Basically this stuff CLICKY HERE and it's Plug and Play apart from needing to get it coded via VCDS

But you have to ensure you can add BT to it.

Reactions: Gazah19
I've just looked on mine and all there is with regards to BT is reset default settings and enter new PIN.

I'll try that over the weekend and update you! Cheers.

It all depends on what head unit you have in at the moment Daza, I have the R-NSE MkII in mine and all I added was the Microphone, loom, antenna and BT Unit.

Basically this stuff CLICKY HERE and it's Plug and Play apart from needing to get it coded via VCDS

But you have to ensure you can add BT to it.
I have the really basic head unit so ill need to change, ive just been looking at a R-NSE MkII on ebay actually, are you saying this will fit straight in to a B7

Just the MKI R-NSE is OK

As long as it's for an A4 B7 it will fit but if you only have a single DIN at the moment you will have to change part of the centre console

Reactions: Daza
I went to a place called caraudiosecurity bought a little unit that plugs into the back of my current headunit