Facelift Connect issues to mmi

OzzyR

Reaction score
Hi again. Another S3 newby question. Why won’t my mmi connect straight to my iPhone hotspot? I have to add it every time I get in the car I think. Totally confused as to what this system can do and how to use it. Perhaps I’m getting old……. Car is MY17 facelift.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are you trying to achieve by sharing the hotspot with the car ? Very little functionality is added by giving the car a data connection. You are much better off using Apple CarPlay and WAZE for navigation if that’s what your after works really well, only downside is if you have VC you can not display WAZE on the VC, and it has to be connected by a cable.

You can easily switch to Carplay by holding down the left rocker next to the jog wheel.

Last edited:
Cool thanks for that. I thought I would be missing out on features. Which button do you mean to hold down?

Just plugging in the iPhone to USB port in the centre console and the option to connect should pop up you will have to authorise the connection on the phone, if it hasn't worked go to settings-General-Apple CarPlay on the pone and try delete the MMI and try again....

Thanks mate. All good. I just thought I was missing out on features as I don’t have Audi Connect either. No icon in the menu.

Reactions: jrumball