Confused over standard s3 wheels ??!!

discodeek

Reaction score
Hi folks -i have ordered a S3 hatch -can someone put up a pic or tell me what wheels it will come with ?

the brochure says C0Z 18” x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke Star’ design anthracite, part-polished alloy wheels

I have an extended Demo from Audi this weekend, a sportback, but it appears to have the silver s line alloys:

18” x 7.5J ‘5-parallel-spoke’ design part-polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres

Could just be that it's specc'd like that- but hopefully i dont get these as they don't suit it.

cheers

Ross

Yep, there's a few too chose from. I went for the 10 spoke matt titanium, blends well with a red car.

cheers guys - i ordered through my lease company on there tool - dont recall it asking !

Hi folks -i have ordered a S3 hatch -can someone put up a pic or tell me what wheels it will come with ?

the brochure says C0Z 18” x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke Star’ design anthracite, part-polished alloy wheels

I have an extended Demo from Audi this weekend, a sportback, but it appears to have the silver s line alloys:

18” x 7.5J ‘5-parallel-spoke’ design part-polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres

Could just be that it's specc'd like that- but hopefully i dont get these as they don't suit it.

cheers

Ross

I think the S-Line rims were on the S3 when first launched, well according to veeeeight anyways haha

Then they introduced the "S" rims with chrome polished lip and dark inner spokes.

Yes, all Launch cars and Press cars had CC1 wheels.

Then Audi UK specified UK spec cars to have COZ wheels.

Anyone know what a C0Z 18” x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke Star’ costs from Audi?, I would like another for a spare wheel.

Unless you specify which wheels you want you will get these

11867654413_ab27329da0_o_zps382b1090.jpg

They are C0Z 18” x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke Star'

You would either specify the S-line wheels

18” x 7.5J ‘5-parallel-spoke’ design part-polished alloy wheels – CC1

Or a cost option to the

18” x 7.5J ‘10-spoke’ design alloy wheels – F37

Or

18” x 7.5J ‘10-spoke’ design titanium matt alloy wheels – F38

C119E465-51F4-45D8-80C5-D4F2DD413390_zpszptxefvy.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: s31jay
around 500€ I'm afraid, better off with a replica I guess

You would either specify the a-line wheels

Or a cost option to the

Awesome wheels, see a lot of S3's with non "S" rims but I really do like the "S"
Rims, they are something different in terms of wheel design.

the Aus spec S3 seems to be different to the UK and the base model S3 (which has quite a few options) comes with the CC1 wheels. COZ wheels here are part of the so-called Performance Pack. I have yet to see a S3 here with the CC1 wheels, probably have to wait til my S3 arrives

Untitled

Attachments

• s3a.jpg
    s3a.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 826
Last edited:
the Aus spec S3 seems to be different to the UK and the base model S3 (which has quite a few options) comes with the CC1 wheels. COZ wheels here are part of the so-called Performance Pack. I have yet to see a S3 here with the CC1 wheels, probably have to wait til my S3 arrives

View attachment 35852

What else do you guys get with performance pack?

Heh. It's the chav-my-car-up-pack [*]. ;-p Almost none of it to do with performance.

[*] Before you take offence, I'm kiddin. I spec'd almost all of that , bar the calipers and the magride.

Heh. It's the chav-my-car-up-pack [*]. ;-p Almost none of it to do with performance.

[*] Before you take offence, I'm kiddin. I spec'd almost all of that , bar the calipers and the magride.

Certainly no offence, from chats with the dealer most S3 have the PP and the dealer's demonstrators also have a sunroof and PP.
but Aus is certainly an unique market as 95% of S3 have the S-tronic and a manual has to be ordered.

Around £3,000 ain't to bad, separately those items would come to more although wheels are standard.

No for once prices in Aus aren't too bad, with at least VAG models being on par with European prices, and there have been significant drops in prices for some model. The S3 8V is $10,000 cheaper than the previous S3, and with more options included as standard.

Which is my case meant I could stretch the budget to get a S3 rather than a Golf R.

Reactions: The Challinor

You would either specify the S-line wheels

18” x 7.5J ‘5-parallel-spoke’ design part-polished alloy wheels – CC1

Or a cost option to the

18” x 7.5J ‘10-spoke’ design alloy wheels – F37

Or

18” x 7.5J ‘10-spoke’ design titanium matt alloy wheels – F38

C119E465-51F4-45D8-80C5-D4F2DD413390_zpszptxefvy.jpg

cheers mate - glad those wheels are the ones, yep -i had a demo over the weekend and was not overly keen on the s lines compared to these.

I have a daytona A5 just now -is that the colour of your S3 - beautiful pic !

I phoned a couple of Audi parts desks the C0Z 18” x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke Star is wait for it... £652.00 inc vat per wheel :w00t:

Yeah they are expensive. I had a quote at £627 from my dealer when I picked up my S3 just out of interest.

Had a few sleepless nights when I know the Mrs is using the S3 the next day as those conti's have no rim protection!

I have these with Conti's and I have a scuff :(
Just one thing tho they have started the dreaded clouding on the shiny part already. I also picked up some kind of stone chip too on the gray part double :(

Just one thing tho they have started the dreaded clouding on the shiny part already. I also picked up some kind of stone chip too on the gray part double :(

Got any images? I'm going to get some poor boys wheel sealant on straight away to try and keep them looking as good as possible.

just get them powder coated when they're fcuked - im yet to see a set last unless youre like washing it, polishing it and sealing them every week!

cheers mate - glad those wheels are the ones, yep -i had a demo over the weekend and was not overly keen on the s lines compared to these.

I have a daytona A5 just now -is that the colour of your S3 - beautiful pic !

thats not my car its an australian one, as it has red callipers.my car is the same though, its monsoon grey.i think red callipers are only an option now in the uk too. prefer black personally.

the daytona is a darker grey than that. i believe that daytona is the standard colour of the S3 now in the uk?

i had my wheels coated in Gtechniq Wheel Armour. be interesting to see if they cloud or not too. hope not!

These C0Z wheels are super delicate.

Few small chips in 800 miles all on the driver side rear wheel which is odd. The alloy has a a metallic fleck paint finish which when chips goes through to a white undercoat. Difficult to touch up....my rotors on my last car look very hard wearing in comparison!

£679 to replace one is a lot if you have OCD (like me) with even the slightest marks.

i used to use that but swapped to Wheel Armour. its especially brilliant on the centre caps as it stops them from holding the dirt, and you can't get it off like on my dads caps. his weren't protected and they're crap!

I have tried these wheel sealants and found most of them are not too great for durability. Found I had to re-apply every other wash.

Having a lot of luck at the moment with normal body sealant (currently using Angelwax Ti-22) and with a couple of coats of Collinite. 4 weeks in and the beading is fantastic. Brake dust still collects but one blast with the Karcher and they are 95% clean. Has made such a difference with my cleaning regime.

My personal favourite wheels are the C7Ds only available on the saloon. They look totally amazing but are far too expensive on an S-Line at £1k extra plus I'm not sure the 19" size would do the ride any favours. If I was buying an S3 saloon though I'd have them in a heartbeat as they're only £400 extra on that.

Weird that they're not available on the hatches and also that the S3 saloon gets 19" as standard rather than the 18" on the hatches.

I have tried these wheel sealants and found most of them are not too great for durability. Found I had to re-apply every other wash.

Having a lot of luck at the moment with normal body sealant (currently using Angelwax Ti-22) and with a couple of coats of Collinite. 4 weeks in and the beading is fantastic. Brake dust still collects but one blast with the Karcher and they are 95% clean. Has made such a difference with my cleaning regime.

Just looking into Angelwax Ti-22, seems to be a interesting product as not used sealers much in the past. What collinite product did you use with it?