Confused - Car wash locked the keys in the motor!!!!!

DarkyUK

Reaction score
OK, so this is a new one on me.

I left the car with the car wash guys today (I know the car detailers now hate me!) for an in and out clean and a quick polish. I nipped off to subway to grab lunch and when I got back they were still finishing it and while working around it the car locked, even though the keys were in the centre console.

Thankfully I could unlock it using the MyAudi app on my phone, but surely it should not have locked with the keys in. They were even almost on top of the key senor pad on the wireless phone charger.

Anyone else had this happen?

Andy

OK, so this is a new one on me.

I left the car with the car wash guys today (I know the car detailers now hate me!) for an in and out clean and a quick polish. I nipped off to subway to grab lunch and when I got back they were still finishing it and while working around it the car locked, even though the keys were in the centre console.

Thankfully I could unlock it using the MyAudi app on my phone, but surely it should not have locked with the keys in. They were even almost on top of the key senor pad on the wireless phone charger.

Anyone else had this happen?

Andy

I had this last week in my FL RS3 outside the house

While washing the car.

Bit of a head scratching moment.

Yeah, it confused the hell outta me, I only notice as one moment the wing mirrors were out, the next they had foldered in. I thought they caught the mirror control and then I notice the cleaner guy couldn't open the door.

It scared the hell out of them when I pointed to the keys in the centre console, then I got my phone out and opened the doors with the app. Was a very nervous few moments for them waiting for the command to make it through.

Not supposed to lock though is it if keys are in car? How did it even lock though if you didn't press the key?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Keyless entry and lock, wondering if it was time related or something but I'm sure it shouldn't lock with the keys in

Rule # 1 , mechanical work or cleaning , keep keys outside car .

Reactions: Audib5fan
Rule number 1, never ever let car wash guys wash your car...

Reactions: Audib5fan, SRB93 and Terminator x
However car wash girls are cool .

4704057660_3df7811052.jpg

Reactions: Audib5fan, RS3 S. and Matty_S3&S5
Is she sat on the bonnet ***!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jcbmally and Audib5fan
Can I have a post code for your local car wash please:):):)

Reactions: Jcbmally and rasA4
Could it be something to do with that being where you place the key to start the car if the key battery is dead? Not an explanation in itself but possibly related?

Possibly, but it should still know the keys are in there and it should only lock if it sees the key outside the car when you touch the door handle.....

The wireless phone charger is there too so I can only think that for some reason that blocked it and some timeout expired so the doors locked thinking it had been left open? No idea really though