condensation inside windscreen

sixlargebeers

Reaction score
My S3 has done just over 1000 miles since I picked it up (new) in early September. Arrived back at car tonight to drive home and found the majority of the inside of the windscreen covered in condensation. Not wanting to make a mess of the screen I left the demister to do its work, which it did in 5 mins or so.

I swapped the carpet mats for new Audi rubber mats a week or so ago and did notice that drips of water off shoes did seem to sit in the "grooves" of the mats. However I'd be amazed (not to say gutted) if that resulted in the condensation I witnessed. Another factor may be that the temperature did drop significantly in the course of the day (form around 8 or 9 celsius to around 2 celsius). Again I wouldn't accept that this could be acceptable as a cause of the wet screen….

Any thoughts out there ?

My S3 has done just over 1000 miles since I picked it up (new) in early September. Arrived back at car tonight to drive home and found the majority of the inside of the windscreen covered in condensation. Not wanting to make a mess of the screen I left the demister to do its work, which it did in 5 mins or so.

I swapped the carpet mats for new Audi rubber mats a week or so ago and did notice that drips of water off shoes did seem to sit in the "grooves" of the mats. However I'd be amazed (not to say gutted) if that resulted in the condensation I witnessed. Another factor may be that the temperature did drop significantly in the course of the day (form around 8 or 9 celsius to around 2 celsius). Again I wouldn't accept that this could be acceptable as a cause of the wet screen….

Any thoughts out there ?
Hey SLB....there's a few of us complaining about this mate l even had condensation this morning on the instrument binnacle
It suffers really badly am afraid no help l know

All sounds normal unless you use furniture polish on the screen, over on a another manufacturers forum the complaints were the same..

Thanks for the link to threads on this V8 and for other replies. Can't say I'm happy just to shrug my shoulders and accept that this should happen on a brand new prestige car. Given the temperature variations we can experience up here in Jockland, it's going to bug the hell out of me if it carries on through winter…..It never happens on the wife's Discovery and was only very latterly a bit of an issue for my ten yr old Merc SLK which obviously had lots more seals to worry about….even then it was very light condensation and cleared quickly.

I didn't see much by way of a response from Audi/dealerships, albeit I confess that I didn't read every post in every thread. Has anyone raised it and had a meaningful reply ?

Thanks for the link to threads on this V8 and for other replies. Can't say I'm happy just to shrug my shoulders and accept that this should happen on a brand new prestige car. Given the temperature variations we can experience up here in Jockland, it's going to bug the hell out of me if it carries on through winter…..It never happens on the wife's Discovery and was only very latterly a bit of an issue for my ten yr old Merc SLK which obviously had lots more seals to worry about….even then it was very light condensation and cleared quickly.

I didn't see much by way of a response from Audi/dealerships, albeit I confess that I didn't read every post in every thread. Has anyone raised it and had a meaningful reply ?

I agree it's a pretty poor effort. I don't think it's been cold enough for us soft lads in the South but will definitely be keeping an eye out for this as the temp drops.

Are you gonna raise it with your dealer SLB?

thanks Si. Not sure which way to go with this to be honest. I went to Coventry Audi for my car (Jassy's boy's colleagues at Glasgow Audi could only get to within £1500 of the price I got at Coventry - not a dig at all Jassy by the way - just fact) so have no relationship with Glasgw Audi. I reckon I will see what responses I get on here over next day or two and take it from there. One thing's for sure - I ain't accepting "they all do that sir" as the answer……I managed to reject my leaking VW Eos a few years back after 10 months of ownership so I have previous for dealer/manufacturer battles LOL ! Joking apart I really want this resolved as I LOVE my S3…...

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Simon L
Absolutely mate, there's a certain standard we're entitled to expect at this price point.

It's gotta be seals of some sort surely? I mean what the **** else can it be?? Seems insane that some manufacturers can crack something this simple and others can't!!