concert stereo

s4mark

Reaction score
hi all.
I am trying to find out if anyone has a spare concert headunit as the one in my S4 has had it. I know this is not the place to post this really but just trying to get a result as quick as possible.

If anyone has one please PM me.

Thanks all

might have one ill have a look

There's a faulty one on eBay going for under £15 at the moment. You could probably get it sorted out cheap.

Does anyone know the best (i.e. cheapest place to have the volume problem sorted). The best price for fixing the unit I've seen so far is £95 on ebay.
Cheers

Mine's fecked aswell LOL

The volume screams at me when the car's cold, but seems to work OK when the car's warmed-up oddly enough.

Same here - was going to ask about it but seeing as it's already been posted ... :)

On mine on cold mornings, the volume sounds ok to start with, maybe a bit quiet, then the first time I adjust it, even one notch, it shoots up to a seriously loud level, with me scrabbling to turn it back down again. After that it's fine for the rest of the day. Can live with it but am worried it'll blow one of the speakers. Is this a common fault with the head units then, I was hoping it may be something fixable like exposed wires getting condensation on them?

If I used a standard off the shelf head unit to replace it (would be able to play MP3s as a bonus) I assume that behind the facia the Concert one is a standard size with standard connections, but would it fit into the space in the facia?

spinaltap said:
Same here - was going to ask about it but seeing as it's already been posted ... :)

On mine on cold mornings, the volume sounds ok to start with, maybe a bit quiet, then the first time I adjust it, even one notch, it shoots up to a seriously loud level, with me scrabbling to turn it back down again. After that it's fine for the rest of the day. Can live with it but am worried it'll blow one of the speakers. Is this a common fault with the head units then, I was hoping it may be something fixable like exposed wires getting condensation on them?

If I used a standard off the shelf head unit to replace it (would be able to play MP3s as a bonus) I assume that behind the facia the Concert one is a standard size with standard connections, but would it fit into the space in the facia?

Do a search on here for concert stereo and you should come up with loads of posts; a very very common fault. Its all to do with a memory chip inside the stereo so not really fixable on a DIY basis......
I was lucky enough to get a NOS boxed Concert for £65 on Ebay so was sorted when my original unit began to play up, I believe you can buy little plastic adaptors to allow fitment of other stereos into the dash , but I think you lose the radio station/CD track display from the instrument cluster if you fit a non-standard stereo in an SE model formerly fitted with a Concert......