Concert Stereo stuck in safe mode :(

edwards_a3

Reaction score
hey guys, after having my clutch replaced, the battery was out for a number of hours causing the stereo to go into safe mode. By using the search i was able to find that by holding in the scan and rds button that 1000 would appear and i could enter the code, unfortunately this did not work! for now i have put the standard and rather retro looking stereo in but would like to get the concert up and running, any ideas whats up

cheers guys
Matt

might sound stupid, but did you enter the correct code?

it wouldnt come off safe mode for me to enter the code, by holding in those buttons nothing changed. thats why im baffled haha

Have you tried it with the engine running? Sounds stupid I know but worked for me on a few occasions.
Also you have to hold the 2 buttons in really hard, so your fingers ache.

erm no i dont think i did, is this a common fault with the concert stereos? Ill give that a go over the weekend, cheers

your pressing the wrong buttons... assuming it's the same Concert as mine... you need to press and hold in at the same time TP & RDS one above the other

from the concert manual....

switch on radio,,,,, the word SAFE will appear

press the buttons TP and RDS at the same time and hold until 1000 appears

release both buttons and enter the code using the sation selection buttons 1 - 4

then repress TP & RDS until the word SAFE appears then release and after a short delay the frequency should appear

lettuce know how ya get on... works on mine.. done it several times

thanks guys all sorted, turns out the thread i read thru using the search told me to press the wrong buttons.
thanks again
matt

thanks guys all sorted, turns out the thread i read thru using the search told me to press the wrong buttons.
thanks again
matt