Concert rca????

AUDIXXX

Reaction score
I have the concert stereo which has a cd changer in the boot. Its a 2000 X reg A4. Would this head unit have sufficient rca outputs to control amps. My sytem at the moment would be 2 x mono amps, 2 x 15" subs. 1 amp to 1 sub. Going through a line driver ( http://www.termpro.com/articles/wp-epx.html ) symmetry EPX2 by Rockford Fosgate. It has a massive 10 volt RMS output signal, whic if the concert headunit has rca's, then im assuming it can be done. Can anyone correct me if im wrong, as my stereo fitter says the concert headunit does not have any rca's and that i should use an aftermarket one.I really want to keep it standard... can someone please let me know asap thanks. Dom

Yes the Concert has both front & rear pre-outs, but they aren't on standard RCA connectors. The rear pre-outs are used to drive a puny 2 x 20w amp for the rear speakers, so you either need to tap the rear pre-outs at the rear amp, or use the Blaupunkt RCA adapter at the head unit, run proper RCA's to the boot and then split the signal to your 2 sub amps. This will mean you'll lose the rear speakers unless you install a 3rd amp or rewire the OEM amp.
2 x 15" subs will completely overpower the cabin speakers and is total overkill unless you are gonna upgrade the cabin speakers and drive them with a proper amp.

if you're planning on using the original cd changer in the boot and you're planning on putting lots of power into the 15s then be aware that it will probably make the changer skip. lots.

back when i was running a single 15" with ~500wrms my changer skipped when giving the sub a good work out (this was in my golf, havent got any audio in my A3...yet)

i assume you will be limited for space to relocate the cd changer up front so it may be worth considering an MP3 HU of some sort?

seconding Andys statement you WILL need uprated fronts and an amp to drive them otherwise the soundstage will be complete pants!

I know, but that will have to come later, Im still in debt affording the sub and amps. thanks for the info tho!

cant you just get a single 15" and then get comps and another amp

if you had a good ported box made and designed it would be nigh on as good as two sealed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif