concert cd to ipod help

dvalve1

Reaction score
hi, trying to find a way of connecting my ipod to the concert cd head unit in my 04 tdi, what do i need? not really to fussed if it doesnt control the ipod just the sound would be good enough. ive seen things on ebay which start from a 8 pin block type connector to to female rca's which looks like it would work starting from £10 right up to around 90quid for a sophisticated looking affair which if my memory serves my controls the ipod...could be stupidly wrong though, cheers in advance guys:thumbsup:

Hi,
Word of warning, don't buy the £10 block - RCA leads as the don't work.. I have had two and both just did nothing.
Literally the HU is expecting some sort of "intelligent" signal back from the CDC and these cheap blocks don't do it.

I ended up going for something half way house as the music software i used on my iPhone (Spotify) is not compatible with the full blown genuine controlled Audi Kit (£90).

I found that the "Connects2" RCA solution worked best for me. This is a box which is plug and play into the head unit. The HU is happy as it can see a digital signal, i am happy as i have an iPhone -> RCA connector which i charge my iphone off and play music over. This just plugged into the little red and white sockets on the Connects2 box and all is working :)

i am also after something like this for my ipod and iphone 3gs. i would like to be able to skip tracks etc via my headunit tho. any chance you could send me a link to a suitable one??? i'm abit thick when it comes to this stuff to be honest lol. i have an 04 A3 tdi, just got the standard single headunit.
would appreciate the help. :)

I got an Xcarlink adapter, cost £80 charges it and you can skip tracks with your headunit, it allows you to still have the CD changer as well if you have one.