Concert CD HU

Masterm8fo

Warmonger
Reaction score
have recently bought a concert cd HU and now learnt that it it the wrong type for my A3 !!! my own fault as i should have checked before hand but.....any advice on what i can do apart from sell it to try and get my money back ??
Poss for dealer to exchange+cash ?

it is a brand new unit and in its box - never been used

i'd put it on ebay.
is it wrong in the sense that u don't have can bus so the lights don't come on and it switches off after an hour etc?
how much u pay for it?
sure someone will want in instead of their tape head unit?

no it all works just the facia is slightly too large to fit flush in the dash
i think perhaps its from an A4 ?
i will take it to the dealer tomorrow and check what arrangement they can offer and if no luck itll be on ebay next week
shame as its a brand new unit and wudda looked great in my pus*y-wagon

anyone got any ideas how much these cost new from dealer ?

that might actually be the symphony 2 6 disk built in one, but basically whatever audi charge ain't what it is worth. look on ebay for what it is worth price.
would where you got it from take it back for a restocking fee?

There are subtle differences between A3 & A4 head unit sizes. There was a post on here which gave dimensions, but the enlarged fascia is slightly bigger on one and the unit itself is slightly deeper, but can't remember which way round. I guess the A4 one must be slightly bigger seeing as that's the problem you've found. I'll dig out my A3 Concert and measure it when I've got a minute.

I'll give you a fiver for it!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

A3 doesnt have the strip of ally along the top edge, if that helps, lol

Mofo, Have you been able to find the right part number for a concert cd head unit.
i've spoken to 2 dealers and Audi UK and they dont know, they say its trial and error.

yeah they told me basically it should start with the same digits as your chassis number
wether thats 8P0436........ or whatever - it is very specific and a little trial and error might come into it
there is a huge range of them on ebay it is difficult to know i agree

i have decided to just stick with the icelink now as all my CD's are on the ipod anyhows
might poss upgrade to a becker unit at a later date but still dont think il use the cd player enough to justify the extra cost - will save the money for the beer fund for now