Concert 3 - No CD changer option and Aux in

JamesA3Q

Reaction score
Hi,

I've got a 56 plate (07 registered) A3 with a Concert 3 stereo (Double Din). I want to be able to listen to my MP3 player via bluetooth and use my phone via bluetooth hands free through the stereo. I've searched the forum and the net and have seen that the Grom kits could be used (link below)
AUDI 98-10 Bluetooth Hands Free Car Adapter Kit

Am I right in thinking the Grom 'pretends' to be a CD changer? If I press the CD button it doesn't seem to cycle through to the CD changer option, just says 'no disk'. Does this mean my stereo needs to be programmed to work with a CD changer/Grom?

Basically, I want to find the easiest was to listen to my mp3 player via bluetooth in my car, without spending >£200. What would people recommend? I'm struggling to find any posts describing the process for the Concert 3, so if I anyone can point me in the right direction it'd be appreciated.

Also, if i just wanted a basic aux in cable function could I just plug in one of these; Audi A2 A3 A4 TT aux input 3.5mm jack lead car radio iPod MP3 adapter CT29AU04 | eBay ?

Thanks

I bought a GROM unit (the BT3) and it all worked straight away, no fuss. Works well with my iPod nano 7s bluetooth and my Galaxy S2.