Component protection removal

Seantdi

Reaction score
Hi guys.
Anyone know of anywhere that can do component protection removal without having the car there.
I need a bcm and heater controls done.
I have vcds so can copy and recode the bcm.

I may be wrong but I am fairly sure you can't do component protection with a VCDS coding. The car needs to be connected to the Audi Geko system. Somebody like @DJAlix would know.

I know it can't be done with vcds.
I have vcds so I can copy the code off my old bcm and put it back on the new one is all I meant.

OK, I am 95% certain the modules have to be fitted in the car and then the car accessed and essentially the new modules are synchronised to work with the car, assuming there is no issue with compatibility or the server thinks something on your car is stolen / dodgy.

Reactions: Seantdi
Ya I thought as much. I was just hoping it could be done off the car due to covid travel restrictions

If someone travels to you to do it and you're paying them, then it counts as work....so should be good re covid regs.

If that used part has its CP removed, it becomes a virgin unit, as a virgin unit, it can be connected up a car and it becomes part of that car, the records at Audi mothership will be wrong but that should not bother way. But, your problem will probably be that the seller of this used part has not got the knowledge and equipment to convert that used part into a virgin part.

Cheers. I got the bits off 2 different cars from breakers so they have been not been reset unfortunately.
That's the bit I need someone to do.