Component protection on Speedo/rev cluster?

Reaction score
I'm planning to swap an A5 B8.5 instrument cluster (and surrounds/housing) to my A4 B8.5.

Can anyone confirm if these clusters have component protection?

Additionally, would adding a cluster with a top different top speed (say, 200MPH compared to 180MPH) throw the readings, or do the readings adapt?

I'm assuming they don't due to calibrations, but good to know; i plan to swap over the same engine so RPM and speedo clocks are the same. The fuel and temp gauges are TBC as the A5 cluster has shorter travel from lowest to highest.

Thanks,

If using the electronics, then immo needs adapting for sure.

Component protection and IMMO works needed for sure. Be sure to use someone who knows what they are doing and make sure you have all your keys with you.

If in or can get to London I can assist.

Reactions: RS5 JON
You will need your service info transferring (might not be an issue ) and the mileage in the exchange cluster won’t be correct.

hi everyone, 6 months ago I've bought virtual cockpit on ebay for my a4 b9 and coded 3 weeks ago without any problem. we removed the component protection successfully! my question: is there still risk that the part has being stolen after removed the component protection? thank u

hi everyone, 6 months ago I've bought virtual cockpit on ebay for my a4 b9 and coded 3 weeks ago without any problem. we removed the component protection successfully! my question: is there still risk that the part has being stolen after removed the component protection? thank u
I think if the CP was sorted out using VW Group official equipment and so connected to Audi mothership, then that would only be possible if it had not (yet) been reported as been stolen. It if had been sorted out by some other hooky method then I'd think NO.

I think if the CP was sorted out using VW Group official equipment and so connected to Audi mothership, then that would only be possible if it had not (yet) been reported as been stolen. It if had been sorted out by some other hooky method then I'd think NO.
yes we removed the CP connected to Audi so legally