Complete Silicone Hose Kit - S3 8L 225 BAM 1.8T

ShaunS3

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.
Regional Rep
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am soon to be placing an order for a complete silicone hose kit with SFS, but i have a horrible feeling that I am going to miss something out of the kit. Wondering if any of you can assist me with the list below and add anything that i have missed?

Note: I already seem to have an aftermarket TIP fitted so no need for that.

I have taken this list directly from what i can see is available for my S3 BAM 225 engine:

1. S3 Brake Servo Hoses (2) - Part no: BH09
BH09

2. S3 Cam Cover Breather (1) - Part No: BH20
BH20

3. S3 Coolant Hoses (10) - Part No: CHS179
CHS179

4. S3 N75/Diverter Valve Hoses (2) - Part No: BH19
BH19

5. S3 Upper Boost Hoses (2) - Part No: THS138
THS138

Some of you may already be wondering why I haven't got the lower boost hoses listed. This is because i will be fitting a Wellycooler (FMIC) at the same time, which i think eliminates the need to purchase the lower boost hose kit. Please can someone confirm this for me and that i also have the right universal hoses required for installation of the Wellycooler?

2 x 63mm 90 degree bends
2 x 63mm 135 degree bends
1 x 63mm through to 100mm straight

Lastly, i will also be carrying out the Saikou Michi OCC modification, thus removing the complete PCV system and bypassing with the new catch can system. This i think eliminates the need to purchase the suction jet hoses below, which iirc is the ones underneath the inlet manifold:

Suction Jet Hoses (4) - Part No: BH14
BH14

Please can someone confirm this also?

Thanks in advance for and useful help and advice you can give me.

Shaun.

Why dont you get your hoses from creation motorsport as they maybe possibly cheaper?

Why dont you get your hoses from creation motorsport as they maybe possibly cheaper?

I have had SFS hoses before and get a good deal on them tbh. This thread is more for informational purposes, not price haggling/competition between suppliers.

Fair enough. Based on this thread I would say these are not needed

I am going to do the same mods as yourself the wellycooler (gingo) and
Saikou Michi OCC modification. Funny enough I am chatting to the chat at the moment about which catch can to use. Do you have a preference?

Fair enough. Based on this thread I would say these are not needed

I am going to do the same mods as yourself the wellycooler (gingo) and
Saikou Michi OCC modification. Funny enough I am chatting to the chat at the moment about which catch can to use. Do you have a preference?

Ok, so i take it the cam cover breather pipes will also be overridden by the catch can system?

I have gone for the Saikou Michi S3 OCC - 19mm inlet/outlets to match the original pipes, speaking of which it should be here this week.

Ok, so i take it the cam cover breather pipes will also be overridden by the catch can system?

I have gone for the Saikou Michi S3 OCC - 19mm inlet/outlets to match the original pipes, speaking of which it should be here this week.

cam cover breather pipes will be overridden for sure. at the S1 OCC -

I must be cheap I am looking the S1 OCC - 19mm inlets/outlets only based on cost. I am looking at venting to air.

cam cover breather pipes will be overridden for sure. at the S1 OCC -

I must be cheap I am looking the S1 OCC - 19mm inlets/outlets only based on cost. I am looking at venting to air.

''The Stage 3 type OCC is the larger model of our line. It is the most popular model for vehicles such as VWs, Audis and any other vehicle requiring a higher flow through the lines.''

''The Stage 3 type OCC is the larger model of our line. It is the most popular model for vehicles such as VWs, Audis and any other vehicle requiring a higher flow through the lines.''

The question is the flow, it goes to the catch can and thats it, and considering I am venting to air, it might do. This is my view.

Dont forget decent hose clips.

I fitted JCS marine grade stainless steel hose clips to my upper intercooler hoses and TIP pipe on previous S3.
Intercooler hoses blowing off at 70 :whistle2: on the motorway is not fun.

I would also suggest carrying a hose clip driver, or 7mm 1/4 drive socket for the first week or so after disturbing that many hoses. Something is bound to come loose or pop off.

Dont forget decent hose clips.

I fitted JCS marine grade stainless steel hose clips to my upper intercooler hoses and TIP pipe on previous S3.
Intercooler hoses blowing off at 70 :whistle2: on the motorway is not fun.

I would also suggest carrying a hose clip driver, or 7mm 1/4 drive socket for the first week or so after disturbing that many hoses. Something is bound to come loose or pop off.

I hadn't forgot clamps but now know what clamps to get, cheers Paul. :)

Can anyone else advise on the universal hoses for the Wellycooler? Are they correct? Anything missing?

You won't need the servo pipes ether if doing the pcv, just some straight silicone pipe for the long pice and a bit to blank off the port under the inlet

Last edited:
You won't need the servo pipes ether if doing the pcv, just some straight silicone pipe for the long pice and a bit to blank off the port under the inlet

I thought the brake servo hoses were left of the manifold and ran up the side of the charge pipe? The PCV bypass is all at the other side and under the inlet iirc?