Complete Carbon Fibre Interior Trim...

Does anyone know where you can get replacement black piano trim

I have noticed that the trim near the drive stick is scatched. The other trims are fine though. I am I bit OCD so it would be nice to swap that bit out

The piano black trim looks nice but it seems like it gets marked really quickly
I was thinking of piano black for my car, but a few mates warned it does mark very very easily, and will need a LOT of polishing, just like the door trims and surrounds

Doesn't need much once protected, just like the external trim. I just don't get to hung up on it anyway...

Reactions: NevMan
Doesn't need much once protected, just like the external trim. I just don't get to hung up on it anyway...

Easier said than done. Sunshine shows any marrs or swirls, even when protected. My detailer said they are a bit of a battle to keep looking good

I loved the CF trim...in the 1997 S4. Nowadays I find it's a little council / Halfords.

Prices are high indeed too. My Mondraker mtb frame has about 2kgs worth of high modulus / load bearing CF and only cost £1,700 despite a lot of labour (and a £400 shock). Basic weaved CF for cosmetic use is very cheap to make.

Easier said than done. Sunshine shows any marrs or swirls, even when protected. My detailer said they are a bit of a battle to keep looking good
So are your external trims the same? My internal ones aren't but I would be more concerned about the pillar trims and the external chrome than so much about the interior as the external trims get more abuse..,

Sorry, didn't explain very well. I ended up going for matte aluminium trim (internal), but have the s-line standard black A-Pillars etc, which show swirls very easily. Have mine ceramic coated, so will hopefully hold up a bit better, but maybe not.

Reactions: cuke2u
I recently took all of my piano black trim out and polished it up with Autosol Plastic Scratch remover and a dual action rotary polisher and it’s all come up like new. Very easy to remove all the trim in the B9.

Yes once the swirls are polished out then any of the black trim can be protected from further scratches..

I recently took all of my piano black trim out and polished it up with Autosol Plastic Scratch remover and a dual action rotary polisher and it’s all come up like new. Very easy to remove all the trim in the B9.

Does it all just clip out even the dash pieces?

Does it all just clip out even the dash pieces?

The doors clip out from closest to the A pillar back.
The centre console has one screw under the rubber tray inside the keyfob holder slot and clips up from back to front.
Dash has two screws underneath, accessible with the glovebox open and another one approx underneath the [0.0] button next the steering wheel, accessible by removing the cowl underneath at the drivers footwell.

The doors clip out from closest to the A pillar back.
The centre console has one screw under the rubber tray inside the keyfob holder slot and clips up from back to front.
Dash has two screws underneath, accessible with the glovebox open and another one approx underneath the [0.0] button next the steering wheel, accessible by removing the cowl underneath at the drivers footwell.

Brill thanks! Do the air con controls remain where they are or come off with the trim? I assume they remain in position?

Brill thanks! Do the air con controls remain where they are or come off with the trim? I assume they remain in position?

They come off with the trim (two connectors for the aircon unit and one for the [0.0] button). You can then remove the aircon unit from the trim from the rear (four torx screws and clips at the top and bottom - careful with the clips - they're easy to snap)

i just need to remove the long thin piece of trim that covers the volume control on the center console and runs the length of the console (thats where my black piano trim is located)

and the ones on the door

cheers - looks like its one screw and then pop out the trim. never done this before - any general tips - i dont want to snap or crack the existing trim

good news Audi Hyde have agreed to replace the scratched piano trim for me for free -

Reactions: NevMan and cuke2u
Does anyone know where I could find the part number for the carbon atlas trim for my s5 coupe?

Does anyone know where I could find the part number for the carbon atlas trim for my s5 coupe?

Which bits Simon? I think this is the bit for our centre console, I have the sportback but I think its the same :)

Carbon Trim

I believe these are the part codes for the coupe

8W2853190T 7VT
8W2853189Q 7V7
8W6867409G 7V7
8W6867410G 7V7
8W2863969G 7V7