Comparison test A3/AClass/1Series and 80s Music Fan Thread

Scottyg

Reaction score
Not surprising the final result when up against the 1 series and A Class.

Reactions: Forbzeeee, pburv, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
It looks great with them matt aluminium roof rails on dayz of thunder.....it blows them other 2 krauts right oot the waaaatter......lol

Reactions: Audi Bairn, pburv, Simon L and 1 other person
Yeah bit of a landslide victory for Audi in that one. You don't really need to press play on the video.......just look at the picture and which one are you gonna choose??

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06 and Scottyg
Yeah bit of a landslide victory for Audi in that one. You don't really need to press play on the video.......just look at the picture and which one are you gonna choose??

The S-line sportback had £5000 worth of options.... Jeezo lol they ain't cheap these Audi cars.....lol on my next car l ain't doing Bang&olufsen.... It's wasted dosh with my musical requirements......

Reactions: pburv and Simon L
The S-line sportback had £5000 worth of options.... Jeezo lol they ain't cheap these Audi cars.....lol on my next car l ain't doing Bang&olufsen.... It's wasted dosh with my musical requirements......

Get a grip man B&O isn't that expensive an option and besides you can't be blasting out the top gun theme on some crappy sounding basic car audio!! lol

Reactions: pburv, azibux1, TDI-line and 1 other person
Get the *** (not your backside) upgrade and save yourself a fortune. I have to say, I like my music but don't crank it up these days so no need to upgrade.

Reactions: Daveotto, pburv, glospete and 2 others
Get the *** (not your backside) upgrade and save yourself a fortune. I have to say, I like my music but don't crank it up these days so no need to upgrade.

That's kinda what I'm saying though Scott. If you spec *** you might as well chuck a few more hundred at it and get the B & O.......unless yer a bit mutton Jeff! lol

Reactions: pburv
Get a grip man B&O isn't that expensive an option and besides you can't be blasting out the top gun theme on some crappy sounding basic car audio!! lol
Mate a love ma Jan hammer and our Phil and Mister mister and the music from me Pastel coloured clothes years but,l don't know how or where to download it from av been listening to the same 20 track cd,and some **** put on a memory stick for me over 3 years ago...

Reactions: pburv, Sandra, Scottyg and 1 other person
Mate a love ma Jan hammer and our Phil and Mister mister and the music from me Pastel coloured clothes years but,l don't know how or where to download it from av been listening to the same 20 track cd,and some **** put on a memory stick for me over 3 years ago...

You dozy technophobic muppet why didn't ye say?? I'll drop you a line mate can't have that shambles going on! lol

Digging them tunes btw but what about Drive by the cars??

Reactions: pburv, Sandra, Scottyg and 1 other person
You dozy technophobic muppet why didn't ye say?? I'll drop you a line mate can't have that shambles going on! lol

Digging them tunes btw but what about Drive by the cars??

That would be great mate...Drive by Cars is awesome...matter of fact Er indoors is gonna be...in the strictly zone the nicht...so am just gonna have a wee late 80's early 90's night with me and ma "Buds" in the conservatory...first can's already been Kitussssshid....lol

Reactions: pburv, Scottyg and Simon L
That would be great mate...Drive by Cars is awesome...matter of fact Er indoors is gonna be...in the strictly zone the nicht...so am just gonna have a wee late 80's early 90's night with me and ma "Buds" in the conservatory...first can's already been Kitussssshid....lol

Good man, sounds great!! :)

Got a better idea ..........send me a list of all the stuff you want (don't care how many it is if I haven't got it I'll get it) and I'll stick it on a card or USB stick and chuck it in the post.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, pburv, Sandra and 1 other person
My car play list.

IMG 0925

IMG 0920
IMG 0921
IMG 0922
IMG 0923
IMG 0925
IMG 0926
IMG 0927

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Daveotto, pburv and 3 others
Can't beat an 80s playlist. Not got any of my U2 on that list.

With or Without U one of the best 80s songs ever. In fact the The Joshua Tree was probably the best Album of the 80s.
Followed by The Verve Urban Hymns in the 90s.

Ministry of Sound compilations are usually excellent.
Av a ministry of sound cd the very one l mentioned, out of 60 songs there's about a dozen good yins on it.... The quality of artists ain't very consistent

DSC 0566

Reactions: Audi Bairn, pburv, Simon L and 1 other person
Av a ministry of sound cd the very one l mentioned, out of 60 songs there's about a dozen good yins on it.... The quality of artists ain't very consistent

View attachment 106954

That's the downside with compilations mate always a few stinkers!

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
VH1 80s hour on the go.

Playing in the background as I get on with stuff in the house. :whistle2:

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
Brilliant. :yahoo::yum::superman:

Fortunately it was fixing some bits and bobs not cleaning!!

That was yesterday. :sign unfair:

Reactions: Simon L and pburv
Back on topic btw, that Mercedes interior is, what I believe the yoofs of today would call, gash.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, pburv, Jassyo06 and 2 others
Never quite understood why reviewers always rave about Merc interiors, they're incredibly tacky looking, info screen looks like a budget tablet computer and the command infotainment system is garbage.

Reactions: pburv, Simon L and Scottyg
Joshua Tree has seen me thru many hard times in my life!! Love it.
Big Country album In A Big Country is also tops

Reactions: Audi Bairn, TDI-line, Scottyg and 3 others
Can't beat an 80s playlist. Not got any of my U2 on that list.

With or Without U one of the best 80s songs ever. In fact the The Joshua Tree was probably the best Album of the 80s.
Followed by The Verve Urban Hymns in the 90s.
Agree Number one for me that one...:yes:

Reactions: Scottyg and Simon L
Changed the title as it's now more about the music than the test!!

Heard Smalltown Boy for the first time in ages yesterday. Anyone remember this from YouTube??

Reactions: Audi Bairn and pburv
Changed the title as it's now more about the music than the test!!

Heard Smalltown Boy for the first time in ages yesterday. Anyone remember this from YouTube??

Lol..Was a bit confused on that one Scotty...:friends:
Never was a fan of Jimmy......Can't think why?...:whistle2:

Reactions: Simon L and Scottyg
An ex managed to nab my copy of Joshua Tree when we parted in the late 90s and I never replaced it. Not until 2007 anyway when I bought myself a new 20th anniversary edition of it.

https://www.discogs.com/U2-The-Joshua-Tree/release/1159535

Also saw them at Wembley on the tour. Didn't think they were all that live, all a bit too polished and rehearsed for my liking...

Reactions: pburv, Simon L and Scottyg
@simonali saw them at Parkhead Glasgow on their Zooropa Tour in 93. That was a great gig but as usual it had a political undertone!

Come across loads of 80's 'gold nuggets' I haven't heard in years putting this compilation together for Jassy............

Curiosity Killed the Cat - Down to Earth
John Farnham - You're the Voice
Living in a Box....................................to name a few ;)

As for Bronski...............no thanks! They stay in my 80's sin bin along with Erasure and The Smiths (among others) lol

As far as off topic is concerned....................really?? Shouldn't even be on this forum if you're considering an A class :whistle2:

Reactions: Scottyg
Hated Bronski Beat when younger. Loved Erasure and Pet Shop Boys. Also loved Guns N Roses, Def Leppard, Queen, Simple Minds and The Big Dish.
Saw Simple Minds in 2015 at the Hydro. Superb concert.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Simon L
@simonali saw them at Parkhead Glasgow on their Zooropa Tour in 93. That was a great gig but as usual it had a political undertone!
Only ever been to one concert in my life....:wtf:
It was INXS in Wembley 1991........You can just about spot me in the middle.....lol:whistle2:

Reactions: Simon L and Scottyg