common problems?

stu_m

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi all

I own a A4 b6 so don't frequent in here but wondering if you guys can help me

My bro is on the look out for a 2.0 tdi 2005 A6 avant so I just want to know if there is any common problems to look out for?

He has seen one but has a rattle on the engine at tick over and apparently is due to low fuel pressure but drives OK that's a new one to me anyone heard of that before? i told him to leave it

I have full VCDS too so any purchase will be getting a scan first and a check over

Thanks in advance Stu

I couldn't tell you to be honest it just says on the advert rattle on engine due to low fuel pressure! we are all clued up when it comes to these things but not sure if this is some sort of common problem plus its 100 miles away and a bit far to go to listen to a rattle when he could get a same spec car for the same price closer with no rattle.

To be honest we wont be going for that one as I say its just too far to go to find out if its a big problem or nothing so really after any common probs with these cars.

The only common problem i can think of and what can cost alot is vnt systems on the turbo!

sticking vanes? and things like that which can also be a problem on the A4