Common B8 RS4 faults/issues/ownership exp

Reaction score
Afternoon guys,

After buying and rejecting a lovely new S4 last summer I'm pondering a B8 RS4. Aside from the DRC issues that seem to be common among all recent RS models is there anything I need to be aware of both good and bad from owning one? I've searched but haven't found too much across the forum so apologies if I've missed something.

There are a few on AT with pretty good specs and I'm planning to go buy one in the next week or so. Inide or dealers all seem to have a similar price but the year Audi warranty would be nice. What have others done for after-market warranties?

So, what's good, bad and ugly about these? Do they suffer from the carbon build up like the B7 and does Audi recognise the DRC issues when cars are out of warranty?

David

Reactions: TDI-line and Thundercliffe81
Afternoon guys,

After buying and rejecting a lovely new S4 last summer I'm pondering a B8 RS4. Aside from the DRC issues that seem to be common among all recent RS models is there anything I need to be aware of both good and bad from owning one? I've searched but haven't found too much across the forum so apologies if I've missed something.

There are a few on AT with pretty good specs and I'm planning to go buy one in the next week or so. Inide or dealers all seem to have a similar price but the year Audi warranty would be nice. What have others done for after-market warranties?

So, what's good, bad and ugly about these? Do they suffer from the carbon build up like the B7 and does Audi recognise the DRC issues when cars are out of warranty?

David

Anyone? I'm in same position. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems DRC is the common one, other than that assuming they are fairly reliable.

Very interested to know if carbon build up is an issue with the B8, there is very little about it online, every post I see is about B7’s...

Yes, I believe the carbon is still an issue. I've just bought an b8 Rs5 and am loving it. So far so good