Coming home lights

gary3306

VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
I've had a trawl about but can't find a definitive answer, but can the CH/LH lights be done on an A4 B7?

Hi Gary been looking into this all weekend myself , have you read this thread from audizine i, they have managed to do this with a bit of wiring and relays , it depends on what central electronics module you have if it ends in an f I think then its easier to do .

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/316055-Install-coming-home-feature

Yes they can, you ideally need the light sensor windscreen with the autodim mirror. Then it's just a case of wiring and coding.

Can be done without sensor, but its all day, as in it will come on even during daylight for obvious reasons.

Reactions: Gates
NHN:1369801 said:
Can be done without sensor, but its all day, as in it will come on even during daylight for obvious reasons.

is this something you can do Nigel , I'm not bothered if it works both day and night ,.

I'll chuck the VCDS on tomorrow and have a look what module I have. Yours is an 'N' so you may have to go down the lowline route with the harness.

Oh look!! Is that a small crack I see at the bottom of my windscreen. Best I get a new one in :)

Get vcds on it mate to see if you have coding for it, as friends have done this & worked, but obviously as stated during daylight aswell.

gary3306:1369807 said:

Oh look!! Is that a small crack I see at the bottom of my windscreen. Best I get a new one in :)

Funny that I actually do have a small chip in the screen that is growing :)

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6182/6159796981_37198bfd76.jp
6159796981_37198bfd76.jpg

Last edited:
It can be done.......mine had them from the factory :think:

For retrofit, best bet is to to tie in to the interior light system.....although you can buy CHL modules on the net.

Last edited:
Nigel , what coding should I be looking for .thanks

Last edited:
The other half picked up her new A3 cabriolet today it has all the bells and whistles, so I now really want this feature so can anyone tell me how or what I need to do this .

Thanks

Last edited:
Fully agree with you mate. OEM should be the way to go. Would be nice for someone to have retrofitted it and put up a DIY but alas you have to stitch it together with some B6 instructions and some amendments.

gary3306:1370896 said:
Does the OEM method bring on the head or fog lights?

Not to sure on the a4 but the other half A3 and my mates a6 its the fogs, I believe if you retro fit oem then you can can have either .

Just spent two hours with vcds and i'm still non the wiser , auto lights/rain sensors is looking expensive so i might have to just do with ch/lh lights.

Just need to work out if my car is high line or low line and what i need as a result, 1wheelonly has done this to his car and he was going to do it for me but he not on here any more i thinks hes had enough of audis and this forum :( shame as he was ****** good at this king of thing .

Just need to work out if my car is high line or low line and what i need as a result, 1wheelonly has done this to his car and he was going to do it for me but he not on here any more i thinks hes had enough of audis and this forum :( shame as he was ****** good at this king of thing .

Nicked from Audizine:

"Simply... Use Vag-Com and scan the module 9 (Central Electrics).

The part Number should be 8E0 907 279 Letter

If you have one of this:
8E0 907 279 A, 8E0 907 279 C or 8E0 907 279 D, you have the low line module.

If you have one of this:
8E0 907 279 B, 8E0 907 279 E or 8E0 907 279 F, you have the High line module.

However, my searches have tell me that to have all the features, you need the F one. I have bought one F module some day ago in ebay."

Ends in an N

Address 09: Cent. Elect. Labels: 8E0-907-279-8EC.lbl
Part No: 8E0 907 279 N
Component: int. Lastmodul ECE 0907
Coding: 20001
Shop #: WSC 00672
VCID: 3D749EE31DE1

No fault code found.

?

I have rain sensor and auto lights, plus VCDS, what do you want me to try and code on mine :cool:

Is it me or are there 2 threads on this going, anyway not had a chance for 5 minutes to work out sensible costs, but all comes down to location really as fuel costs a bomb now even in a derv, plus time.

Anyway if you have highline, just tick the box/s for CH/LH & see if lights come on when you turn of car & open the door.

I had it all on my B6 S4, fog lights were perfec, but some cretin at audi made it the headlights on the 8P, which is ridiculkous as lights up the whole damn Close, now they have cnaged it to foglights on the newer 8P's, how annoying.

Appreciate your busy Nigel , the other thread is for full auto lights and rain sensor swell as coming home lights. I now know I have highline so getting ch lights to work is a bit easier but still not sure what I need as I don't have auto lights I think I need a repair wire and a switch. Don't know what audi ate thinking I've just hired a basic fiesta in Spain and that has it .

Last edited:
Ah my Central Electrics module ends in N so no joy for me. Not a feature I'm too fussed about tbh.

hi sorry to ask here
my A4 B6
has central electrics module is C
any ideas how i can change to an E ?
to get this working
thx
cheech

Anybody know what this part number is , the switch with the lights height adjuster and the coming home light switch .

thanks

6185892989_1036cbd734.jpg

Right after spending hours looking into this i found this guide from audizine.

http://bigskyeuro.com/images/gallery/mikewire/pdf/CHLH_retrofit.pdf

A
nd with that i presumed that all i needed was a new switch and vcds .

So i ordered a new switch with both height adjust/ch , tonight i fitted the swith and coded the car ................................nothing :(

After checking everything i noticed this.

6263727543_a8734bedae_z.jpg

the headlight adjuster lights up and the numbers so as i turn it so it all works fine, the ch/lh symbol lights up but not the 0-1(on-off) can anyone with this feature fitted check if it is meant ti be lit as i think it should .
Could it be a faulty switch or is there no power to the switch itself.
Or am i missing something like a repair wire .
thanks .

Last edited:
Right after spending hours looking into this i found this guide from audizine.

http://bigskyeuro.com/images/gallery/mikewire/pdf/CHLH_retrofit.pdf

A
nd with that i presumed that all i needed was a new switch and vcds .

So i ordered a new switch with both height adjust/ch , tonight i fitted the swith and coded the car ................................nothing :(

After checking everything i noticed this.

6263727543_a8734bedae_z.jpg

the headlight adjuster lights up and the numbers so as i turn it so it all works fine, the ch/lh symbol lights up but not the 0-1(on-off) can anyone with this feature fitted check if it is meant ti be lit as i think it should .
Could it be a faulty switch or is there no power to the switch itself.
Or am i missing something like a repair wire .
thanks .

How much was the switch?

Did you read that guide that if you had the plug you could skip all the "connect here -solder there" bits? I think it could be taken either way!

Although I read ages ago that all you needed to do was ground a wire so maybe it's not too bad.