Coming home / leaving home retro fit

Is swapping the modules plug & play? Or nething else involved?

Is swapping the modules plug & play? Or nething else involved?

No unfortunately it's not plug and play. It will require coding to the car. It should be a fairly easy job to copy the coding from the old one to the new one

Managed to source a N module for the car. All the programming is done but ne ideas where to find the security code? Can it be found using vagcom? As audi are refusing to give it out

Everythings done now...modules working fine...vagcom is accepting the light sensor and logging an error. The ch switch is also active...but still no lights on lock or unlock. Cant think of what else it could be...wiring was done wth the 2 wires as mentioned before for highline...

Right lol this is a strange 1...
didnt notice in the day but the rear side lights actually work fine! Thy turn on after opening drivers door wen leaving and turn on with the unlock! But ive got nothing at the front...no side lights or fog lights! So im nw assuming its a wiring problem? Ive just gt the 2 wires running...

Pin 7 ch switch - pin 24 of c elec module

pin 4 ch switch - pin 20 of c elec module

ne ideas?

Ping me a PM I can source a highline module & finish the job.

Nigel

I seem to recall when you fitted my MFSW, you erstablished that I have a highline module. If that's the case, what would it take to activate coming home/leaving home on my car? Would it just be installing a single wire and doing some coding with VCDS?

Jeff

Nigel

I seem to recall when you fitted my MFSW, you erstablished that I have a highline module. If that's the case, what would it take to activate coming home/leaving home on my car? Would it just be installing a single wire and doing some coding with VCDS?

Jeff

The steering wheel module is different. To enable the CH/LH lights you have to have a high line CENTRAL ELECTRICS module (09). If you do have a high line central electrics module then you can just add the wires and activate the CH/LH lights

Reactions: jdp1962
Right lol this is a strange 1...
didnt notice in the day but the rear side lights actually work fine! Thy turn on after opening drivers door wen leaving and turn on with the unlock! But ive got nothing at the front...no side lights or fog lights! So im nw assuming its a wiring problem? Ive just gt the 2 wires running...

Pin 7 ch switch - pin 24 of c elec module

pin 4 ch switch - pin 20 of c elec module

ne ideas?

Those are the 2 wires that are needed that's all there is and the fact the rear lights are working then this suggests that the CH/LH are working how they should

All I can think is that the module is broken ? And not switching the lights on ? Are you sure the lighting is actually working ?

I have had a quick look at the guide you linked to all that is needed for the CH/LH lights is pin 4 and 7 on the plug on the back of the switch. On my car and other members cars that I have done all the other pins were there it was just missing pin 4and 7 (the ch/lh pins)

You could take out the switch and check that all the pins that are required are there. If not then you could try wiring it via the guide you posted

I take no responsibility for the wiring listed is correct so you should always check because there are differences in wiring layouts.

I would say though that the wiring is correct due to the rear lights coming on. What happens if the ch/lH switch is switched off does this stop the lights working ?

Sorry I can't be any more help

I c wat u mean mate...yh if the switch is off it deactivates it as it should. Was thinking would it be possible just to run a feed from the frnt lights and manually join them to the system?

just so i can rule out vcds side of things... this is all correct right? i seem to have a problem saving the changes made to the central elec module...i put on trailer hitch to test it but after setting to 0 again it just doesn't save for some reason?
Photo 4
Photo 2 1
Photo 1 1
Photo 3 1

Officially given up now lol tried everything i cn thnk of :-( still only rear lights

I got the switch and fitted it tonight to find all the wiring was already in place, which was news to my ears.

But the only thing is.... the rear lights come on but the fronts don't.

I have a A4 B7 DTM modle so it has no fog lights, so does that mean it needs coding?
If so can it be coded so the main headlights come on instead?

Thanks Kris

Ive got the exact same problemate...but i switched mine from a lowline module to highline...only gt rear lights working. Cant find ne wiring diagrams to compare wiring as i believe the wiring from low to high can vary slightly. Not sure why ures is doing that...as far as coding is concerned as far as im
aware its just activating light sensor on the central elec module which im assuming uve already done...
doo let me kno if u find a solution as im in the same boat lol

i have the auto lights and auto dimming rear view mirror, it has the after market lights with the LED drl things (which are the side lights)

i have not done any coding for anything. i just plugged the ch/lh switch and tried it and it worked. just that the front lights dont light up, which i was thinking it was because the car doesn't have fog lights.

Im just wanting to know if it needs coding and if so can it be coded so the main lights come on when locked and unlocked.

Thanks Kris

Has any one had any success on this? Bez is changing my central electrics module to a highline one this weekend so I will be looking to do this on my car.

Well tbh mate...not worth the time nd headache...the wiring is different for highline n lowline nd without the correct diagrams its almst impossible. I did mine...without changing any wires only the rear lights worked on coming home feature and i cant get my rear fog lights to work at all...if u look at ur wiring ull see that on lowline the front fogs dont actually run through j519 at all hence y it doesnt work. I ran a extra relay nd manually linked them to the module...so now i have rear lights n frnt fogs only(no frnt side lights) which i left it at...everything else works fine minus my rear fog lights. R u changing module just for this?

Well tbh mate...not worth the time nd headache...the wiring is different for highline n lowline nd without the correct diagrams its almst impossible. I did mine...without changing any wires only the rear lights worked on coming home feature and i cant get my rear fog lights to work at all...if u look at ur wiring ull see that on lowline the front fogs dont actually run through j519 at all hence y it doesnt work. I ran a extra relay nd manually linked them to the module...so now i have rear lights n frnt fogs only(no frnt side lights) which i left it at...everything else works fine minus my rear fog lights. R u changing module just for this?

Oh ok, that seems abit long lol im changing to a highline module anyway so my xenon oem headlights can work as they were the normal halogen headlights before.
Wouldn't mind to the ch/lh feature but don't want the headache with all the wiring going wrong.

Whos doing the change for u? Thy done it before? Thers no harm trying to
c if it works seen as u gna have it all open neway...its just 2 wires and a switch n simple vag code. Let me kno if ur rear fogs work after the change plz n if u had to chnge ne pin locations on the connector.

The actual install itself is really simple n str8 forward .just tht mine didnt work properly due to the module chnge lol