Coming home customisation

Ash187

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Normally on pre-2009 cars when coming home/leaving home is active it lights up the headlights and DRLs if they are installed on the car.

On post-2009 cars the coming home feature lights up the DRLs and the Fogs... i love the way this looks as the newer LED DRLs look amazing.

Since i have done the facelift on my car i have the LED DRLs but it still lit up the headlights when the coming home was active.

So i have been working on a module that will change the way that coming home works on pre-2009 cars...

Here is how it works before installing the module:

And this is with my module installed:

For anyone that wants to update the coming home feature i will be selling the custom modules so please contact me here on the forum or email us at info@audi-retrofits.co.uk for details.

Reactions: Nilz and mithun95
Hi Ash how much would it cost to do, is it just coding, i have an 2011 plate with non led drl's

I've been looking into retrofitting coming home lights for a while now, how easy is it?

To install coming home you would need to either retrofit the full auto lights package or enable the hack... the hack however doesn't work on 2009+ cars.
i can install the auto lights pack if you wanted it? PM for prices.

this thread made me laugh. I have a q7 and i don't like the look of the drl+ fog for coming home and i cannot change it to my preferred drl+headlights. we have polar opposite likes. I do give you a big thumbs up for doing this. well done

I ve often though CH/LH function would have been better with just DRL.

My S3 used the fogs and The RS3 uses the headlights in combo with DRL LEDs.

It strikes me as quite a lot of unnecessary load on a car that's not running.

i.e 2 x 54w fogs or 2 x 35w headlights and the associated start up current of xenons.

I had a look around , but it didn't find any VCDS coding for it.

Hi ash, would you be able to install this hack on my 57 plate TDI?

I don't have the home coming light currently enabled but I would like my fogs to light up when I lock the car!

My car does this being an '11 plate with bi-xenons, it does look classy at night ;).

Would you be working on a solution for 8P3 cars in the future? I've installed led bi-xenons and would prefer the coming/leaving to be my fogs. I'm still using the non-bcm controller if that helps.

Do you have auto lights? Do your headlights come on when you unlock your car? If so then I can currently get the dogs to come on instead

No auto light pack, I do have the coming/leaving home enabled via VCDS though but I assume it's a no-go if I don't have the RLS.