Coming back to an A4

Inked

Reaction score
After 3 and a half years of owning my A5, I will be back in an A4 from Monday.

Have absolutely loved the car, but 7 months of getting a baby carrier in and out has made me realise I need the extra doors again for the sake of my back.

Unfortunately couldn’t afford new this time round (or Black Edition - going to need to change my avatar), but have settled on a 66 plate (registered in Feb of this year) A4 S-line quattro with 3000 miles on the clock, 3.0 272ps, 19” wheels, full leather, tech pack, and sunroof (which I have to admit I’m not keen on, but the rest of the spec was to my liking)

Loved my test drive even though I was a little nervous having only ever done a small amount of driving in an auto, but the engine sold me on getting another A4.

If anyone has any wisdom or tips they would like to impart regarding the car, all info would be gratefully received.

Reactions: AlnSaz
After 3 and a half years of owning my A5, I will be back in an A4 from Monday.

Have absolutely loved the car, but 7 months of getting a baby carrier in and out has made me realise I need the extra doors again for the sake of my back.

Unfortunately couldn’t afford new this time round (or Black Edition - going to need to change my avatar), but have settled on a 66 plate (registered in Feb of this year) A4 S-line quattro with 3000 miles on the clock, 3.0 272ps, 19” wheels, full leather, tech pack, and sunroof (which I have to admit I’m not keen on, but the rest of the spec was to my liking)

Loved my test drive even though I was a little nervous having only ever done a small amount of driving in an auto, but the engine sold me on getting another A4.

If anyone has any wisdom or tips they would like to impart regarding the car, all info would be gratefully received.
Well welcome back to the A4 club, car sounds very nice.

Why the concern for the sunroof? Car cabins these days look so dark especially with the mostly all black interiors and low raking windows, the sunroof adds that well needed light I feel. Is it the potential rattles etc as I do know these can be a problem but if kept serviced then should be ok?

Reactions: Inked
Thanks.
It’s more the look of the car from the outside, I like the nice unbroken lines of a solid roof. My current A5 and previous A4 both have black headlining etc and I quite like the enclosed feel of a dark cabin. I expect I’ll like it once I have it, just something new to get used to.

Reactions: Riko0073
Great choice. Good as the 177 engine is you'll appreciate the refinement and ability of the 3.0 and the auto really suits it

Personally I like the sunroof as a way of brightening up the S line interior.

Reactions: Inked and Riko0073
Welcome back into the A4 fold! Sounds like a very nice car....be sure to get pictures up!

Will do, I’m looking forward to getting to grips with the virtual cockpit.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-USB-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

mine was a ex demo with 4K miles on and they said this cable always goes missing and you need it for the apple car play. if you have an iPhone of course. Quality cable tbh better made than a genuine apple one. SD card takes 32GB max in the glove box, Parking auto disengages with the automatic cars now (nice feature). in drive pull back once to engage sport and pull back again to take out of sport. putting sim card in to it I used a cheap giffgaff one pay as you go/need it style seems to work well time will tell with the MMI App (yep there is a MMI app to connect with your car literally). Car play is wired only. I don't like air-con and watch it - changes to the heating dials in certain ways turns itself back on!

enjoy!!

SD card is 128Gb max according to owners manaul (page 293)

Reactions: M4SK13