Comfort control unit

quattrov6tdi

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was looking at ordering some pieces from Kufatec but it recommends me needing a comfort control unit, how do I know if I need it or maybe I have it already?
Cheers

If you don't have the power tailgate option from factory then you will need a new Central Convenience module. Keyless retrofit can be done without changing the CCM if you have the power tailgate already.

For Keyless, you also need VAG CAN Pro as VCDS cannot enable it. The unit has to be parameterized instead - it may be that Kufatec can pre-parameterize the module for you. For power tailgate only I'm not sure on VCDS as mine has it from the factory.

Reactions: quattrov6tdi
If you don't have the power tailgate option from factory then you will need a new Central Convenience module. Keyless retrofit can be done without changing the CCM if you have the power tailgate already.

For Keyless, you also need VAG CAN Pro as VCDS cannot enable it. The unit has to be parameterized instead - it may be that Kufatec can pre-parameterize the module for you. For power tailgate only I'm not sure on VCDS as mine has it from the factory.

Thanks again for reply, I think I will go with the boot first so I will get the module. Afaik, they supply a coding dongle for the keyless entry for an extra charge.

Depends how much extra the coding dongle is - might be worth giving @DJAlix a shout as he might be cheaper than buying the dongle.

It might be worth giving him a buzz anyway as the CCM will need component protection removing unless it is a virgin unit from Audi parts. Dealers will do this but a) not many like doing it (to the point where some say it can't be done!) and b) It'll cost you an hours labour! Very few indies have connection to the GeKO server to do this though - @DJAlix does however :)

Depends how much extra the coding dongle is - might be worth giving @DJAlix a shout as he might be cheaper than buying the dongle.

It might be worth giving him a buzz anyway as the CCM will need component protection removing unless it is a virgin unit from Audi parts. Dealers will do this but a) not many like doing it (to the point where some say it can't be done!) and b) It'll cost you an hours labour! Very few indies have connection to the GeKO server to do this though - @DJAlix does however :)

Thank you again for the reply but unfortunately I am in southern Ireland. :confusion:
Actually I would think there is a market in Ireland for all this retrofiting and coding, maybe someone might consider expanding across the channel.

The biggest problem is the invest in equipment and access costs. There's plenty of tools for enthusiasts out there like VCP and VCDS but the cars are getting more and more advanced and blocking what you can do without official kit. Once you start looking at jobs requiring access to the central servers in Germany, the investment required is huge. You then require official interfaces, accounts with VW etc etc....costs go into thousands. Even in the UK mainland, there are very very few indies who have access to this kind of equipment.

For your situation, I would confirm with Kufatec the module will be CP free. If they confirm it will trigger CP, it may be time to open your wallet and let your local Audi dealer help themselves ;)

Thank again for your reply. I have knocked the keyless entry on the head but I am going to go for the electric boot. Am I right in thinking I just get the control unit and boot kit and I have my own vcds so not trip to dealer?

Also because I scrapped the keyless entry I think about the parking assist?

https://www.kufatec.de/shop/en/audi...audi-a6-4g-park-distance-control1?action_ms=1

Any thing I need to know, it doesn't seem like an expensive piece of kit

Last edited:
Scrapping the Keyless will save you a bit of time wiring up behind the door cards but to be honest, to fit the power tailgate will mean you have to take the drivers side trim off all the way to the boot anyway. Kufatec may be able to paramaterize the module for keyless in advance.

VCDS will be enough to fit the Power Tailgate as long as CP is not activated. If it is, dealer or Indy with Geko access is your only option to unlock the module first.

For Park Assist, i genuinely don't think it's worth 450 Euros. You could get the parts a lot cheaper off Fleabay but either way it's a lot of work and trim panels not to mention the front and rear bumpers that need to come off as well. Any mistakes drilling the bumper and you have 400 EUR to find!! I fitted just nkrmal parking sensors to my wife's Golf Mk6 and that was a pig of a job!