Colours

Behind The Bins

Reaction score
Looking at used RS3s there are no silver cars available, hardly any whites/reds, plenty of blacks and blues. Is silver no longer a popular colour?

Will Audi drop silver? Will white die out again?

I would love the return of a dark green

Looking at used RS3s there are no silver cars available, hardly any whites/reds, plenty of blacks and blues. Is silver no longer a popular colour?

I think it’s a colour which is overlooked by many who think it’s just silver.

Floret is a deep smokey mercury silver & looks amazing - especially with black pack.

Wife and I loved it so much we got a cars in the same colour lol :)

It’s just awesome - my fave colour on any car I’ve had. It suits the line of the cars, looks amazing & keeps looking cleaner longer too.

1C97BF92 8784 4A53 A978 23906E5CF125

Last edited:
Reactions: Bristle Hound, DW81 and RGBARGEE
Awesome mate... one thing I will say, slightly off topic... Audi make some cracking alloys, but come on, and RS3 has the worst ones they offer... :seenoevil:

Reactions: Snake Pliskin

Silver does look a bit dated in my opinion. Can't beat a proper Black !

Awesome mate... one thing I will say, slightly off topic... Audi make some cracking alloys, but come on, and RS3 has the worst ones they offer... :seenoevil:

Ha ha yeah ... I think the rotors have well & truly had thier day lol :tearsofjoy:

They do still suit the car but totally agree we need some more exciting looking alloys released for the RS3 :yes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Bristle Hound and Phil3

Dated lol :blink:
The old ice silver maybe but floret is a deep dark silver & looks totally cool & sharp :sunglasses:

I’ve had a black TTS and never again.
Too much upkeep to keep it looking clean.
Black can hide the lines of a car too which lighter colours accentuate.
Black is fine if your ‘in the hood’ I suppose lol :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Evil Diesel, Jassyo06 and DW81
Dated lol :blink:
The old ice silver maybe but floret is a deep dark silver & looks totally cool & sharp :sunglasses:

I’ve had a black TTS and never again.
Too much upkeep to keep it looking clean.
Black can hide the lines of a car too which lighter colours accentuate.
Black is fine if your ‘in the hood’ I suppose lol :tearsofjoy:

It's all down to personal choice. Silver was very 2000. Audi have had a couple of floral silvers, Akoya and now Floret. It's all down to taste, and as I have lots of good taste, ( accredited Beer taster) I'm sticking with Black...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My RS4 is Prism silver and it looks really good in the sun. It has a multi colour fleck in the paint and really 'pops'.
When it is overcast it does look a lot flatter but you can still see the effect.

I had a cherry black MK1 TT and that was a nightmare to keep clean. I vowed to stay away from black ever since! Each to there own though.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It's all down to personal choice. Silver was very 2000. Audi have had a couple of floral silvers, Akoya and now Floret. It's all down to taste, and as I have lots of good taste, ( accredited Beer taster) I'm sticking with Black...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree on the silver 2000 - it was done to death & I never thought I’d have another silver but seeing floret for the first time was a ‘wow moment’ similar to when I first saw sprint blue, sepang blue & misano red.

Parked next to an ice silver car you really notice the difference, it’s awesome.

You can see how dark it looks on this TTS

D22D55B0 F1D1 42F9 9081 6FC5C43908E1

Anyway ... You stick to your black lol :tonguewink:

71AF8C9E 4810 477D 8756 AD66AE826D2B

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and Jassyo06
Ha ha yeah ... I think the rotors have well & truly had thier day lol :tearsofjoy:

They do still suit the car but totally agree we need some more exciting looking alloys release for the RS3 :yes:

Yea I think the blades on the saloon are a bit... hmm, boring too... look at the rest of Audi’s range and some are brilliant! Shame!

IMG 8950
Totally agree on the silver 2000 - it was done to death & I never thought I’d have another silver but seeing floret for the first time was a ‘wow moment’ similar to when I first saw sprint blue, sepang blue & misano red.

Parked next to an ice silver car you really notice the difference, it’s awesome.

You can see how dark it looks on this TTS

View attachment 147680

Anyway ... You stick to your black lol :tonguewink:

View attachment 147681
Metallic Lavender My new Mythos Black

Black looks good when clean... but what keeps me away from it is you can’t see the accents on the car, as in grill, diffuser, other black trims etc

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Floret silver on the rs3 with black pack is absolutely cracking. When I was looking for one they had one silver but with no black pack and looked abit bland.

Reactions: Jassyo06, RGBARGEE and Snake Pliskin
Floret silver on the rs3 with black pack is absolutely cracking. When I was looking for one they had one silver but with no black pack and looked abit bland.

Yes I think black pack is a must with floret too.

Looks stunning on the face lift cars too IMO ...

F5311C5E E982 45B5 AF1D 3976C6CD035F

01A1BC18 908D 4611 881D 73D9A3EEB008

Reactions: Howdy, Bristle Hound, Jassyo06 and 2 others

The only nice Black Audi do is Panther Black......the others brilliant black and Mythos are black.....with real character to them at all

Panther Black is exceptional a former Exclusive Colour and it shows.
Floret really shows off the feature lines of any Audi painted with it

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3, D0C and Snake Pliskin
Think Fords first Model T was black.....cheapest paint to make................lol

The only nice Black Audi do is Panther Black......the others brilliant black and Mythos are black.....with NO real character to them at all

Floret really shows off the feature lines of any Audi painted with it

Panther black was on my TTS :)

B78647A7 47BE 42DC 8E0F FA4FC10D6C13

E7D32EAF 8E34 422F A7CC 1C0C8D3F9223

Reactions: DW81
The only nice Black Audi do is Panther Black......the others brilliant black and Mythos are black.....with real character to them at all

Do we finally agree on something?! ;)

Reactions: AudiNutta, Snake Pliskin and Spaceman_RS3
I like the silver a lot but agree that it does seem to make the car look older. Hey-ho.

Yep I like silver a lot. Previous motor an S3 was silver.
However I went for black this time round as its timeless.