Colour.....

Oh and the price is unbelievable!!!

Yeah, I really like it, although I too would never own a purple car.

33,800 is quite a lot I must say.

Didn't the 8L come in purple, am sure I've seen a few.

Looks quite good in that colour.

Surely some of you guys with S3's paid not far off that for yours?

The car does looks great, ive had alook around it, still think very expensive and would rather have another colour, certainly different,

PS. Hi Oli, Do you miss the GTi or R32 now you have the S3? Simon Emaps sayd yours looked great the other week,

Rob

It's the shape that makes it look nice not the colour! :yes: although I'd take that statement back if I ever see a pink one! ha ha

The car does looks great, ive had alook around it, still think very expensive and would rather have another colour, certainly different,

PS. Hi Oli, Do you miss the GTi or R32 now you have the S3? Simon Emaps sayd yours looked great the other week,

Rob

The Golf GTI is an amazing car, in fact proably the best all round hot hatch, but you know what Im like, Ive had four new cars in two years........ The S3 for me has all the best bits of the GTI and R32, bar the juicy engine!! And mapped is just awesome. Driven sensibly the S3 will return mid 30's MPG, and when driven hard, will hang off the back of a Porsche 911!!

Simon does a lot of work for me, he's a great guy and really knows his stuff on mapping.

Yeah, I really like it, although I too would never own a purple car.

33,800 is quite a lot I must say.

Totally agree with you about the colour. It's nice but I still wouldnt have it myself.

33,800 is a lot considering its purple and not brand spanking new. But then again, that kinda price isnt unimaginable.
My S3 spec came to 34k!!

I bet you never paid £34k though

Nah, Id never pay the asking price without some stiff negotiating. I got mine for 31k and haggled a bit more for my trade in.
I would take an educated assumption that the asking price of 31,800 would be negotiable to a more realistic/reasonable price.
"You dont get if you dont ask"

i like that colour, but wouldn't buy it though.
sort of similar to the daytona violet that was around on the
E36 M3's....

unusual colour - i think it works :cool:
(i promised myself i will own an S3 one day!) :yes:

One of the extra cost exclusive colours ? Cancelled order - As already said price does not seem unreasonable for the spec - would not pay that full list either, and pretty sure will have probs moving it on again in that colour.

Richard

That colour used to look great on Corrado VR6s - looks bland on the S3 though. Only 3 colours look truly great on the S3:

Ibis White
Sprint Blue
Phantom Black

I was a fan of Dolphin Grey on the old 8L S3's, looked great when clean. The new grey they have on the current S3 doesn't suit it quite so well. My mate has one with the BBS alloys and it looks a bit unremarkable, I think Sprint Blue is the best colour by far.

this colour is not exactly purple...its darker...i dont like it for s3...s3 is a sporty model and needs brighter colours(or black)...

I have to agree with you there. IMO i think it's totally rare!!

I think ibis white is the colour for the S3 - wish i had've got mine in white!!

I saw an S5 in that exact colour in Hull last week and it looked great, but then I think it really suits the S3 too, but then again I may be a little biased as my current Corrado is almost exactly that colour too and looks fab :D

IMHO its a total bird colour... looks alright... but if I saw a bloke driving it Id think a bit more razzboy than anything else...

Purple. :ermm:

"Hello Mr AUDI, I would like an S3 with all of the toys please"
"...Oh, and can I have it in PURPLE....":wtf:

They've dropped the car by £6000!!!! I said it was overpriced!

If anyone facncied buying it, they should have done so a week ago, as its now back up to 32k - They are dreamers for sure

Rob
you fancying one rob? im on here now, so much for the scirocco!

Only just caught onto this thread.... I'm loving the deep pearlescent blues/purples at the moment.
Sure they're not your classic silver or black etc so come resale you take a bit of a battering but some of them look awesome.
That S3 looks brilliant, really individual. I saw a new BMW M3 last night in the really deep inky purple they do....Is it Jerez Black??
Stumbled accross this on Pistonheads yesterday too. Got to be one of my favourite Audi colours by a mile:

550663-1.jpg

Only just caught onto this thread.... I'm loving the deep pearlescent blues/purples at the moment.
Sure they're not your classic silver or black etc so come resale you take a bit of a battering but some of them look awesome.
That S3 looks brilliant, really individual. I saw a new BMW M3 last night in the really deep inky purple they do....Is it Jerez Black??
Stumbled accross this on Pistonheads yesterday too. Got to be one of my favourite Audi colours by a mile:

550663-1.jpg

I agree, those kind of colour look good when the car is new but they do age very quickly.

That car has been for sale for a long time, I was going to look at it when I was looking at RS4's about 4-5 months ago.