colour should i paint callipers?

Gfermer

Reaction score
as above i just picked up a set of rs calipers and wondering do i keep them original black or paint them red? i have a red s3 8p with the graphite grey vw racing wheels also how much does the s3 callipers usually go for?

thanks graeme

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415311102775252

Did mine purple ! Red, yellow Ect Ect all to common !

Reactions: turbonutz
candied mine, not that u notice soon as ya hit the brake peddle ha

Attachments

• 20140725_235504.jpg
    20140725_235504.jpg
    567.2 KB · Views: 199
Nice colour that ! Sprayed a set of BMW X5 wheels in candy apple red

I got told it was 20 bhp with red hahahaha red car tho so think it would have to be the red or black they purple ones are nice I'm sure I was looking through some
Build threads and seem them

Not red as they'll blend into your car!. Keep them OEM.

I went with black as it matches the usual colour of the car.....

Black looks like they are constantly covered in brake dust .!!

For a OEM look I tried zinc passivste effect by mixing silver and gold metalic on my last car. Looked more gold than anything lol!!
I'll be going silver on my audi.

For a OEM look I tried zinc passivste effect by mixing silver and gold metalic on my last car. Looked more gold than anything lol!!

Which is why I always smooth black hammerite my calipers and disc bells so you can't see the brake dust. Bronze, dark grey , gunmetal , satin black and anthracite also hide the dust .

However with a red car with grey wheels , red calipers would look good as long as the wheel design had around 5 spokes so you can clean the caliper with ease.

If it were a multi spoke design, black .

That's because they should be covered in brake dust!

Reactions: S.
That's my wheels there vw racing doesn't show the colour that well in that photo tho I'm getting them sent away to be stripped and painted my a company then would get the brembo sticker on them as I believe the rs3 are 4 pot brembos ? Can't make my mind up lol

Reactions: S3Alex