Colour screen mod for cluster

I keep forgetting I’ve got one fitted! Really should update it at some point. @<tuffty/> did you ever get round the gearing issue mate? As in the fact it tells us we are driving around in neutral all the time haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe Brian is going to address this in the next IECU firmware update

<tuffty/>

Reactions: S3AMJ
When is the next IECU firmware update, I remember it was meant to be spring this year?

Easy Sam, will this apply to the one I’m pursuing, will I have the same issue. Cheers

It’s Ash not Sam bud, this is only an issue for those that are running standalone Ignitron ECU. If your using a standard ECU then no it works fine.

When is the next IECU firmware update, I remember it was meant to be spring this year?

dunno tbh... not actually been too worried about it as I can't really drive the car obvs...

Hopefully soon enough though as he is sorting out the baseline settings for VR6 VVT so I can make use of that next :)

...and some DSG support too I believe

<tuffty/>

It’s Ash not Sam bud, this is only an issue for those that are running standalone Ignitron ECU. If your using a standard ECU then no it works fine.

Apologies mate, ok wicked nice. Thanks for the information guys much appreciated

Hi, sorry for bumping an old thread, but I have a question regarding Launch Control.

Had my S3 8L at the workshop a little while where the battery was disconnected the whole period.

I get the car back and realises that Launch Control is coming up every time I give it the little extra.

Even when Cruise Control is activated in 6.gear it can appear in the screen.

Is it possible in any way to deactivate or something?

Benjamin,
Norway

I assume you mean the launch control screen that is color MFA...

Manual is available here for reference..
http://colormfa.ru/downloads

The only reference I could see in there was this...
Screenshot 2020 10 08 at 101433

It suggests it comes on when certain conditions are met so if this is randomly coming on for you then it suggests you may have issues else where

<tuffty/>

Forgot to mention that is the Color MFA, yes.
I read the manual, and to me it seems like you need a fully depressed pedal to make Launch Control appear on the screen.

Problem I've got is that i feel it pops up as soon as I have a medium/hard acceleration but not having the throttle to the floor.

It's irritating to often have to push "reiser button to get it back to the screen I usually use while driving.

That's why I was wondering if it's possible to deactivate or remove the whole function?

ECU or color MFA won't know how 'depressed' the clutch pedal is beyond the switch... sounds like an issue with your clutch switch to me

<tuffty/>

It's when I depress the accelerator pedal that it comes on Launch Control mode.

Before visiting workshop this mode never came on. But after sitting for some time with battery disconnected I suddenly have this function, and want it to stop, cause it comes up every time I push the accelerator a little bit more than usual.
Get my problem?

Do you have ESP? Is it on or off when it happens..... my ColourMFA for some reason recognises when I am actually in launch control, weather depressing the clutch as well is a factor, when we tested this on another car it didn’t do it. I’m also not using the standard ECU which again might be another factor.

I have ESP, but it's out off function at the moment due to no communication with ABS-module.
Maybe that's why then? Using standard ECU.

Coolingfan om radiator is dead as well.

Read another thread here where a guy had same issues with ABS-module and cooling fan at the same time, maybe I should start to check fuses om battery

Might be worth getting those things checked first like you said, I’m not sure how the ColourMFA is wired up to “know” when launch control is active, but that’s where I would start.

Finally got round to ordering one of these through ARD. There was a few that had no payment for postage this week.

Has anyone got a guide or pics for the map sensor wiring please?

Thank you @hydro s3

Suppose it will make more sense when I have a poke around as I don't really understand what exactly I have to do

You can take 5v and ground power connections from the existing MAP sensor and then just feed the signal wire to the cluster.... assuming that the MAP sensor input has been wired in the cluster for the color MFA that is... I wired mine to pin 32 as per instructions so I could pin the cluster wiring plug to connect it as and when I get around to it

<tuffty/>