Colour screen mod for cluster

Because I've got a mfsw I want to get the buttons working properly, I need the display to show radio, phone and nav info but the mfa won't do that. And there's not much point in paying over £500 for a mfsw if the controls won't work, plus the money from the sale will go towards updating the canbus on the car so I can get it all to work
So won't work with my rnse?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: warren9022
Will re-ask the question when I get in from work unless @IanPG has an answer... not actually sure who else has one of these

<tuffty/>

Looks like it will have emailed them to check

Attachments

• E8D9B18B-3E55-48A5-82E7-8A38939BE81E.png
    E8D9B18B-3E55-48A5-82E7-8A38939BE81E.png
    956.8 KB · Views: 167
Reactions: <tuffty/>
I think they have a batch up coming in december... will look at sticking my name down if so

<tuffty/>

I think they have a batch up coming in december... will look at sticking my name down if so

<tuffty/>

Would be interested also but haven't got a clue how to go about ordering one, could you pass the details on please?

Cheers tuffty that’s more money I’ve spent haha

<tuffty/>
Go on tho the colormfa website, no way I’m fitting it myself il send my clocks to Russia again

Reactions: warren9022
I knew I should of kept mine the amount of things that I’ve bought sold and bought again for this car is unreal

I knew I should of kept mine the amount of things that I’ve bought sold and bought again for this car is unreal

I do that with camera gear and airsoft kit... mostly hoarded my S3 stuff though lol

<tuffty/>

I’ve pm’d dirtylime to see if I can get on the 12th batch and if he gets back to me I’ll confirm if all the mfsw and rnse info will display

Reactions: warren9022 and <tuffty/>
Some of the features will be no use to me I think due to my ecu but if it does what the current dis does plus a few more bits then not really any difference to having the dis replaced for bad pixels which mine is starting to show signs of

<tuffty/>

I've mfa & I'm pretty sure it works with nav according to the instructions I got with it. I haven't set the nav up to work with it yet so can't say 100% it does work but I'll be able to check it out properly tomorrow & let you know

Reactions: <tuffty/> and warren9022
Had yours got the latest firmware
I've mfa & I'm pretty sure it works with nav according to the instructions I got with it. I haven't set the nav up to work with it yet so can't say 100% it does work but I'll be able to check it out properly tomorrow & let you know

Does anyone know someone who fits these? With the car being my daily I haven't got the luxury of being able to send it to Russia and could do with a fast turnaround, no way I could do it myself.....haven't got the patience!!

When I ordered mine that gave me someone’s details who would fit it but didn’t have Facebook to contact them do sent it Russia another way I’d buy a 2nd set of clocks clone it to yours and then send that off then when it comes back it’s a straight swap and run a wire to map sensor for boost gauge display

I'm still trying to code my new keys.....cloning a cluster is way beyond me :tearsofjoy:

Me too way above my skill level it’s took me over s year to wire a mfsw haha

I have one on order through a group buy ran by ard-technik

I asked about the rns-e compatibility and the reply was that colour mfa is awesome with the rns-e

I have one on order through a group buy ran by ard-technik

I asked about the rns-e compatibility and the reply was that colour mfa is awesome with the rns-e
Are they still 200 dollars

If you guys get stuck i've got 15 names for me

Will re-ask the question when I get in from work unless @IanPG has an answer... not actually sure who else has one of these

<tuffty/>

It would defintely be a case of installing the necessary hardware and modules so the comfort CAN knows it's there and (i'm guessing) will then be available in colorMFA

If you guys get stuck i've got 15 names for me

It would defintely be a case of installing the necessary hardware and modules so the comfort CAN knows it's there and (i'm guessing) will then be available in colorMFA
I hope it’s simple enough to get done if it’s already displaying the info

I'm in on a gb on fb with Ard Technik. He also installs them so when it comes in I'll send him my clocks and then I just need to reinstall the cluster and the wire for the boost gauge. If use are on fb look him up and he might fit yours for you when your get them.

@IanPG I’m going to buy an instrument cluster to have the ColorMFA fitted into (my car is a daily driver so can’t afford any down time) and then pay someone to code it for me so I can just swap them over. My question for you (as you’re the guru!!) is can I use any S3 cluster as long as it has a digital clock or do I need to get the exact same part number as the one I’ve currently got?

For the cluster cloning ask @Fordy51 If he’s still on here try he coded mine for me last year

I’m a bit crap when it comes to things like this so bear with me....how does cluster cloning work? Do they need both clusters in front of them to do it?

Haha not sure tbh he had both of mine but he was buying the one with the colormfa not sure if you can do it with your skc code and the “new” cluster

That would be a problem because I haven’t got the SKC code :tearsofjoy:. So if need to send both clusters off to get the one cloned which makes me think I might as well just send the one off to have the ColorMFA fitted!! Ever feel like you’re going round in circles.....