colour dis retrofit?

paulsb

Reaction score
need some help answering a few questions:confused::

1 is it just a swap and program job?
2 if anyone knows the part number for a colour dis for a 02' petrol auto?

any info would be great

Last edited:
anyone?...... been to stirling audi today and they said that they couldn't give out part numbers, i've found lots of clusters for sale but no one can tell me if there colour or not.

I 'thought' it was just the S4's that came with colour DIS - is that wrong?

EDIT: this has been discussed before, have you tried a search in this section?

Last edited:
i've seen a diesel a4 with it fitted. all i need is a way to find out the part number without using the dealer as they won't give out part numbers.

are there any online sources?

James, If the car was factory fitted with the RNS-E then colour dis was standard. Otherwise it was an option.
Paul, I found one for mine, I believe all you need to make sure is that it is definately for a B6 (the immobilisers are different) and it is for a petrol. The part number for mine is 8E0 920 981 AX. I bought mine from www.parts-depot.co.uk They have a shop on ebay as well. Keep checking them, at the moment they have got a B6 diesel one but I could not see a petrol one.
Ben at Shark Performance fitted mine (very helpful and good price).http://www.sharkperformance.co.uk/ He is in Mansfield and sometimes pops up on here (shark_90). Give him a call he will advise you.
From a dealer I think you will be looking at about £700-£750 fitted. I think the cluster on its own is about £500 ish.
If you can pick one up at the right price it is a worthwhile mod, especially with the RNS-E.
Good luck:thumbsup:

Is this just a case of swapping the DIS screen, or is a whole new cluster needed?

Crazy, it is the whole cluster you need. I think somebody looked at changing just the screen but there were lots of differences in the connections.

thanks no_idea, you've got the same car as me so i'll try and get one with the same part number.:thumbsup: