Colour Coding..

roundy

Reaction score
Anyone had this done on their A4? (Bumper and lower sil trim) How much did they pay?

mine r already done but a poor job has been done because the paint is starting to flake, just had a price to get it redone all round nxt month and it came in at £180.00

I had mine done, very good job, I took the sills and door strips off but they painted the bumpers on the car...paid £275...

JohnboyC said:
Would it not be a lot simpler by just purchasing a car that already had it done :tocktock:

Not all come colour coded though do they and you cant turn away a decent car at a good price just because the bumpers aint coded can you!!!

well yes, thats true...I just waited until I found a low mileage (24K) A4 Avant 2.5 TDi Quattro Sport fully loaded (electric/heated leather seats, Symphony, Bose, colour coded body, electric heated/folding door mirrors, cruise, xenons, interior light pack, DIS), except I changed the 18" Audi Cross Spokes to 18 RS6 reps + fitting RNS-e this weekend ..its the DB's....could just do with a bit more grunt under the bonnet

makes some difference all the same...

before

beforenq9.jpg

After

afterfm6.jpg

What colour is your car?

Did my tdi saloon, as it was an older model where they weren't colour coded, think I paid £200. Not a brilliant job mind, but much much better than before...

Did it myself, not a brilliant result, but it's not too noticeable and it looks 10 times better than before.

Cost me £35 for supplies and paint.

"What colour is your car?"

It's black...

I know a guy that does a good job for a good price so I might be having a word!

Cheers peeps!

I had mine done, very good job, I took the sills and door strips off but they painted the bumpers on the car...paid £275...

Really sorry to resurrect a really old thread, but found it through the search button, and nobody likes a new thread for nothing! :blink: Anyway, first post here, just got myself an a4 avant, in that dark grey colour, but am wanting to colour code the very bottom bumpers, and sills etc.

Am i right in assuming that the door and sills is more of a sticker type thing covering what is already colour coded paintwork? If so, how do I remove these? I am in the process of deciding what to do for the bumpers, do i buy new (to me) sport ones, or just colour code what i've got and remap it :thumbsup:

Any advice would be great!

i have not got painted ones on my a4 but will be doing them my self at some point as the parts can all come off the car. but if you dont wont to see a colour difference in the two parts you have to do the hole bumper in one go. but this may still look a shade out as its going onto plastic witch normal shows up different evan if you paint the hole car from one paint gun

Last edited:
I think I may give mine a go myself! Has anyone else had a go at them by their self? I am thinking that since it's lower bumpers, and my car is almost the same colour anyway I can't go too wrong...can i? Surely? haha

I've no idea who, or where the post is - but there was a guy who took them off and did them himself a while ago. He did it with a proper spray gun and not just with rattle cans though.

Thanks mate, i'll have a search-a-roo. I'f be tempted to get a proper spray gun too, my friend has a plenty big enough compressor I can use, so that's not a problem.