coloivers gone lower?

audi-tk

Reaction score
had my coilovers on for nearly a year and on the rear one side has gone lower / confused im guessing the shock could be knacered. or could it just adjust itself over time? really annoyed as it being lower on the left hand side it has caused my wheel to scrape on the arch!! litteraly RIM to ARCH :(

seems to be pretty common on this.

i got one side higher then the other on the rear aswell

seems odd. damper has nothing to do with ride height. totally springs only. snapped coil? adjusters adjusted themselves? spring mount not seated properly?

so annoyed spent a thousand on wheels with a stretch and the rim has hit the arch on the lower side. the normal side how ever is ok with people in it! what is best to do mate? dont even knwo how to adjust them :(

lay on the floor behind the car. you will hopefully see the springs on either side. at the very bottom of the spring is the adjuster. you will see the threaded bit with a big nut the bottom of the spring sits on. if you rotate the nut it will adjust the heght. you will have to jack up the corner of the car first to take the weight off. hopefully it will be obvious one you are under there....

Surley it just a case of adjusting them so the car sits level? Part of the design of coilovers is so that you can adjust the individual heights on all 4 corners.