Collection dilemma... do I, don't I..!

blodwen715

Reaction score
OK my car is in the dealers, I have seen it and its now teasing me to come and get it!

But... I have a dilemma, I still have my old car (sold awaiting the buyer to pay and collect on Saturday).

I need to sort out the finance 48hrs before I collect the S3, when I was expecting to pay the remaining deposit outstanding, to complicate this I have had work done on my garden due to be paid I thought this week, however, this now won't need to be paid until next Monday by cheque but I have the money to cover it.

This means the money I have will cover the remaining deposit, the only sticky bit is if my old car sale falls through..... aaaaarh

do I, don't I go and get my new motor
20151108 123326

Reactions: S3joey and slayaz
Wow, I can't believe you have that much self restraint! Respect is due.

I'm impressed, I would have been down there straightaway and worried about the old car later.

On second thoughts, don't listen to me

Reactions: Ignition1, Bandicoot51, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
You'll hardly enjoy the new car if you land yourself in financial hot water. If this is a major investment (which it must be) play safe and do the sensible thing. That's what I'd do anyway.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and blodwen715
You'll hardly enjoy the new car if you land yourself in financial hot water. If this is a major investment (which it must be) play safe and do the sensible thing. That's what I'd do anyway.

Agree with this, wait until you have the cash for your old car.

Sorry made me think of the film Animal House and the devil and the angel scene (not entirely relevant and showing my age as I went to the cinema to see it when it came out!!)

Reactions: Simon L and slayaz
Why did you go for body colour mirrors? :blink:

Lol, well your S3 defines sleeper quite well once you get the badges off.

Agree with others. Wait. Don't want to ruin the excitement of the new car!

Also ordered body coloured mirrors on my new S5... Guess I'm an old git too...!

If the sale falls through and you need the new car see what the dealer will give you for a trade in or try we buy cars or whatever its called as a last resort ,
Or I will take it for free if you want to pay for it LOL
Enjoy it whatever you decide

Reactions: Jassyo06

The Force is Strong in you Wide Boy...lol

Reactions: Simon L
I'd also wait if I was you. I also went with body coloured mirrors and had it de badged

OK my car is in the dealers, I have seen it and its now teasing me to come and get it!

But... I have a dilemma, I still have my old car (sold awaiting the buyer to pay and collect on Saturday).

I need to sort out the finance 48hrs before I collect the S3, when I was expecting to pay the remaining deposit outstanding, to complicate this I have had work done on my garden due to be paid I thought this week, however, this now won't need to be paid until next Monday by cheque but I have the money to cover it.

This means the money I have will cover the remaining deposit, the only sticky bit is if my old car sale falls through..... aaaaarh

do I, don't I go and get my new motorView attachment 72710

Dont worry young Padawan...great Advice from the Audi Jedi Forum....best too enjoys one;s S3 worry free it is.....MTFBWY...LOL

Reactions: Ignition1 and Simon L
Body coloured wing mirrors , did not spot that as an option . I would have gone for that.. Blast....

Body coloured wing mirrors , did not spot that as an option . I would have gone for that.. Blast....

Hmm if you used the online configurator, its the 1st option on the exterior part where you got the folding mirrors...?

Seems to be an awful lot of 'wise' people on this forum....:blow: OK, I will wait until the old car is gone i.e. Saturday afternoon and straight down to the dealers....

Bleedin rubbish advice on this thread........................git yer running shoes on son and go get her............................look at that picture, she's calling to you man!! lol

Reactions: blodwen715
If the sale falls through and you need the new car see what the dealer will give you for a trade in or try we buy cars or whatever its called as a last resort ,
Or I will take it for free if you want to pay for it LOL
Enjoy it whatever you decide

The dealer offered me £5200 part/ex on my car I just sold for £6600, WBAC was quoting £6000 to look at it, with no guarantee they would pay that though. If the guy who has bought mine (1st person to view it) or the other guy waiting to see it after him didn't buy, it was going into WBAC!

Bleedin rubbish advice on this thread........................git yer running shoes on son and go get her............................look at that picture, she's calling to you man!! lol

damn you!

Reactions: Simon L
The Star Wars references are lost on me I'm afraid, as I've never seen the film. I began watching it a year or so ago and, as my daughter in law loves to remind me, I gave up fairly early on with the remark "Load o' bluddy kids' stuff!"

The Star Wars references are lost on me I'm afraid, as I've never seen the film. I began watching it a year or so ago and, as my daughter in law loves to remind me, I gave up fairly early on with the remark "Load o' bluddy kids' stuff!"

Lighten up member just a wee bit "banter "

Sorry - it wasn't a moan, more of a confession really. And a bit of self-deprecation. I seem to be the only person who has never seen it!

I have four grown up sons, all of whom would immediately understand the Star Wars stuff. Silly old sod dad is stuck in his own time warp.

Reactions: Jassyo06