Facelift Collection day nerves. What should I be checking?

pixi

Reaction score
I could really do with some advice as I've only ever bought one car from new and it didn't have any of the technology that my Approved Used A3 will have.
I'm hopefully picking up an A3 35 TSFI petrol s tronic cabriolet on a 19 plate on Sunday and am bricking it if I'm honest. It has the technology pack and the comfort and sound pack, so I've jumped from my basic little car that doesn't even have bluetooth to something that is a mind boggling bag of potential headaches.

Don't get me wrong I hope everything goes well and that I do come away with the purchase, but I'd love to hear your words of advice of what I should be checking for within the mechanics and technology before signing on the dotted line.

Thank you

if you are purchasing a certified audi then it all works. If you have a CPO warranty then little to worry about. Just look at the CPO report and find out what has been done

Assuming you have already seen the car, checked it over and done a test drive so are happy that the mechanicals of the car are ok:

As its “Approved Used” you don’t have to check everything, and besides, it’s impossible to check everything but go for some big ticket items - even if under the guise of ‘can you show me how……’

Cabrio roof open & close
Check radio works - look for a DAB radio station
Select navigation - does the map display.
*IF* it comes with Audi Connect, check the lower right corner of the screen and see if the TMCpro box changes to ‘online’ after a couple of minutes. Get them to register your car with connect and the PIN code - its a pain to get it registered later
Get the dealer to show you how to pair your phone.
Put aircon on, does the red LED stay on as it should, or go off after a minute or less
I don’t know if cabrios came with a wind deflector as standard or as an option.

Other than that, it’s the buying checks similar to any other car:
Service history & when next service & MOT are due.
2 keys - don’t get fobbed off with only one.
Locking wheel nut
Owners handbook - these often get lost in the 2nd hand market
In advance, check the car registration on vcheck.uk - the best £10 you can spend and much better than HPI.

Good luck, enjoy the day, and post some pics when you get it.

At some point you’ll want to check the roof doesn’t leak by running a hose over where the roof meets the windows.

Anything else - that’s what the warranty is for.

Last edited:
Reactions: pixi
Assuming you have already seen the car, checked it over and done a test drive so are happy that the mechanicals of the car are ok:

As its “Approved Used” you don’t have to check everything, and besides, it’s impossible to check everything but go for some big ticket items - even if under the guise of ‘can you show me how……’

Cabrio roof open & close
Check radio works - look for a DAB radio station
Select navigation - does the map display.
*IF* it comes with Audi Connect, check the lower right corner of the screen and see if the TMCpro box changes to ‘online’ after a couple of minutes. Get them to register your car with connect and the PIN code - its a pain to get it registered later
Get the dealer to show you how to pair your phone.
Put aircon on, does the red LED stay on as it should, or go off after a minute or less
I don’t know if cabrios came with a wind deflector as standard or as an option.

Other than that, it’s the buying checks similar to any other car:
Service history & when next service & MOT are due.
2 keys - don’t get fobbed off with only one.
Locking wheel nut
Owners handbook - these often get lost in the 2nd hand market
In advance, check the car registration on vcheck.uk - the best £10 you can spend and much better than HPI.

Good luck, enjoy the day, and post some pics when you get it.

At some point you’ll want to check the roof doesn’t leak by running a hose over where the roof meets the windows.

Anything else - that’s what the warranty is for.
Thank you so much, that's so helpful.
I havn't seen it or test driven yet, only had a video, hence the nerves. I have secured it via a fully refundable deposit as I cannot get to the dealer easily and cannot return that easily either. They understand my position and know it would be a ball ache for me to rock up, point out a load of things that they would agree to and me pick it up at a later date. So within the video they pointed out the things that they will be getting done beforehand, without me having to. I know I still need to do the necessaries to make sure I'm happy, but hopefully the risk will be reduced and Sunday will go smoothly.
It does have two keys and they have just done it's first ever MOT. I will have no clue how to use all the tech to it's full advantage so will definitely be going through it all with them.

Thanks again :thumbs up: