Colin McRae DIRT - Xbox 360

DPM

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Website
www.dpmperformance.co.uk
Just pre-ordered Colin McRae DIRT for it's release on Friday! Can't wait, i loved the original for the Playstation and i'm hoping this is just as good! Was going to buy Forza 2 at the weekend then noticed this was on it's way to being released so that swayed my choice!

mcrae games have always played ****, my verdict of the demo : looks good, nice environments but stages don't feel real, handling is abysmal, you can basically drive the whole stage with the accelerator down and just turn in, damage is passable, noise seems quicker than the action, no weight transfer when driving, no real feel of your driving a car either, it's toooo stuck to the road, inside view driver arm movement is like a sunday oap driver, slowness - all in all, it's a **** rally game, nothing like driving a real rally car on gravel or asphalt (living upto to the crappyness of the cmr series)

nothing will ever top richard burns rally!

I had this on pre-order, then as soon as I started playing Forza 2 the other day I cancelled the order. Played the Dirt demo and while fun and pretty it cant touch forza, and I know forza will keep me busy for a very long time :) I'll probably pick up dirt in a few months when I've grown bored of Forza :D

Dont forget Sega Rally revo is comming out as well this year. And the new burnout game all on the 360. Oh and PGR 4! So we are going to be spoilt for racing games this year it seems :)

How odd. I played the Forza 2 demo and was massively underwhelmed. Okay it was a lot better once you turn all the daft traction control stuff off but even still it didn't inspire me. PGR3 is still the best IMO.

However, I downloaded the DIRT demo the other night and thought it was all good fun, especially the dirt buggy track - what a hoot! I'd give it some serious consideration for a purchase, but Forza not a chance.

Yay, another recruit into camp Forza :D

just got an xbox360 recently, tried pgr4, then forza2 then colin mcrae dirt. gotta say dirt is the best outa the lot imo. in fact maybe the best driving game i've ever played? i'm just totally hooked on dirt, gotta get to the next level, the next car, the next track.

and the graphics are astounding, going through trees at breakneck speeds i'm too busy concentrating to notice, then on to what look like typical b-roads round here!, then through towns and it all looks so real. jawdroppingly real, didn't find that with the other two.

maybe its just easier to get into so will give forza2 some more time