Coldest Temp

Nilz

Defo worth the wait :)
Reaction score
Whats the coldest temp you have recorded in the car so far in the recent cold spell and location too??

I had -9.0 in Brum this morning!!

Whats the coldest temp you have recorded in the car so far in the recent cold spell and location too??

I had -9.0 in Brum this morning!!

-9 also last night Nilz, on the way home after work! And apart from a frozen door, the S3 just fired up and took me home with no problems.

-34....really???

Frozen doors...lol....and sticky up headlight washers (not so cool now hey tim ;))

My missus tried to put the window down on her Polo this morning it sort of juddered and stuck open, so after a swift right hook, it was all working again...lol!!

IMAG0201.jpg

Just doing a mobile upload...lol...new gadget for me!!

-7 on way to work this morning. Ive not been out in the car for over a week so its the lowest, highest and only temp Ive seen lol.

-15C in Scottish Borders this morning. Highest it got to today was about -9 & was down to -12 when I picked the kids up about 4:30pm. Bit chilly, I even put a scarf on.

Have you noticed though that the software for the DIS is a bit daft in that the frost symbol goes off below -5? That's sloppy/lazy coding or what...

Obviously no danger of ice on the roads below -5 then :unsure:

Cheers,

-6.5 this morning, went to -1 then dropped again to -4 but that was around 4pm (ish). The olther day was -4 in the garage! Tropical compared to some!

My mum had -18 last night, started to freeze the water inside the radiators...

We've not made it into double figure negatives yet, but then we've not been into the positives at all for a couple of weeks either...

Have you noticed though that the software for the DIS is a bit daft in that the frost symbol goes off below -5? That's sloppy/lazy coding or what...

Cheers,
I have noticed this i was going to ask myself but you have beat me to it :laugh: obviously the germans think that there isnt a risk of ice below minus 5 :think:

Quick question, does the S3 have heated washer jets??

Checked the car earlier, the screenwash was not frozen, but nothing was coming out AT ALL!!!

Quick question, does the S3 have heated washer jets??

Checked the car earlier, the screenwash was not frozen, but nothing was coming out AT ALL!!!

-11 this morning.

The missis little fiesta was frozen on the inside and outside, i had to scrape the inside windscreen!

Took me 25 minutes to de ice and warm the car up.:cold:

Nilz, noticed the same with my A4 mate, could have sworn my car had heated washer jets, but damn things were frozen solid the other morning.

Cheers,

I know, I've always thought that as well. Nobbers... Time to 'accidentally' crash due to there being no threat of ice, and sue Audi for millions....:readit:

my S3 has heated washer jets, although i have to wonder if that is just marketing department speak for 'eventually the heat from the engine will melt it!'

012.jpg

Saw as low as -12 too. Cant wait to see the back of this coldness LOL

The ice icon stays on this cluster :rock:

Supposed to get even colder next week!!!

It was -10 in Stratford last night, it's the first time I've seen frost on the insides of the windows lol, and any condensation built up on the windows turned to ice aswell as I was driving the family home. :cold:

whats with the icicle display on the dash,it comes on at 4deg but doesnt show at -6,do they think frost and ice doesnt happen at lower temps?

Thought Id show our average temp at the moment!

P1260014

Oh thats a '+' by the way!! got to 45 yesterday : -(

Last edited:
Wish i was there Sarah, thats my kind of heat. X