Cold air intake advice

jribeiro

Reaction score
hey guys,
I've almost finished my temporary ko4 conversion (temp cause I need to get a manifold made for bigger turbo!!)
I'm looking for advice on the best cold air intake on the 1.8t engines. I currently have the s2000 air filter but was thinking of getting the itg maxogen.
Any recommendations or anyone use the itg??
Thanks

Pointless realistically on a turbo charged engine... air will be 100-150 degrees coming out of the turbo irrespective of how cold it is going in...

Decent intercooler is whats needed...

If you feel a need to do anything at all then use a heatshield and run a bit of 2" flexi hose from the lower bumper grilles to the the vicinity of the filter to waft some cooler air over it..

Enclosed intakes tend to make less power than open counterparts even on a K04

<tuffty/>

So what would you recommend? Cause a lot of the 1.8ts I know most have s2000 air filters but I'm sure there must be something better which is what I'm looking for?

Tuffty do you know whether to get the 70mm or 80mm? I'm running a 3 inch maf

Ok so that's the best for these engines?
Best for your setup yes... for others not so much

IMAG1139.jpg

;)

<tuffty/>

Okay. Looks good. This is only a temp set up whilst I build my other big turbo set up to fit. I'm aiming for close to 300bhp anything you can recommend getting? I've already updated clutch and solid flywheel, fmic, ko4 turbo with 3inch downpipe, and custom exhaust.

For 300hp out of a std K04?... a few prayers would be an idea and also a little reality check :)

300hp is a very rare figure for a std K04... it won't do it by itself airflow wise and requires all the supporting mods in the world plus an engine in tip top condition...

Even then its a spiky delivery at around 5k rpm that drops off as quick as its made...

You will also need rods as a bear minimum engine wise...

Personally if you plan to go BT I'd save your money, bolt on any bits you have, be happy with whatever you get and put money into building the right engine and getting the right bits for your power goals..

<tuffty/>

Reactions: hydro s3, Tj 0785 and jribeiro