Cold air from vents

vwgtiking

Reaction score
I have climate control and have noticed my air vents are blowing cold air even when the temp is at 90. The only time it's starts to get warm ish is when I am driving in high gears ie 2.5-3k rev range.

Pls note I have a 1.8t

Open bonnet and remove coolant cap......put inside temp to Max heat and fans to Max speed......then getting the car temp up and keep revs to about 2k for a few minutes.

Monitor coolant as if there is an air lock the level will drop and should not go below the minimum.

I have done what you have said and I think it's worked. At idle heat is coming out of vents.

I topped up the water as was quite low. I noticed however a little film on water it expansion tank. Is this normal? It's not dirty at all.

Good to hear.

No film should be in the coolant tank? Is is oily?

Come to think of it I believe I used my oil funnel to top up my coolant last time.

I have just changed my temp sensor and lost a lot of coolant. I topped back up and bled system via the valve under the engine cover until water came. There was a lot of air. Anyway the above method doesn't seem to be working and coolant sploshes out of the top.