Coin operated Car Washes Mcr

Raul_sbd

Reaction score
Bit of a random one.. but I live in a flat so I have no access to wash my car. Last week have had stage 2 paint correction and would like to know if anyone knows of a coin operated car wash on Manchester area.. ideally one that has snow foam (not through the brush).
Or any other ideas other that take the 2 buckets from home and **** off anyone waiting on the car wash queue lol. Thanks!!

Watched someone the other week at Asda self wash with the 2 buckets.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Raul_sbd
Do that all the time at my car wash. Take me buckets, shampoo the works.

If you went to the barbers and the queue is big you’d naff off and come back later or sit and wait.

You paid for the tokens. Take as long as you want.

Only thing which does annoy everyone though is drying the car whilst still in the wash bay. So do the decent thing and pull it out and let someone in and dry it elsewhere on the forecourt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do that all the time at my car wash. Take me buckets, shampoo the works.

If you went to the barbers and the queue is big you’d naff off and come back later or sit and wait.

You paid for the tokens. Take as long as you want.

Only thing which does annoy everyone though is drying the car whilst still in the wash bay. So do the decent thing and pull it out and let someone in and dry it elsewhere on the forecourt.

So what process you follow? Jet wash it then fill up the buckets with the jet wash, do the 2 bucket foam the car, and then rinse hot water?
I have got the buckets but wasn’t sure convince if I could upset anyone for the waiting time.. saying that will take the same time with the foam brush.

Thanks mate

Similar situation here but I do have a 70m hose, extension cord and pressure washer which I could use, but this is not always practical.

Basically every good car wash I found, that used snow foam and kept “touch” to a minimum etc, either worked out very expensive or could not maintain their business and closed. What I ended up doing was paying a mobile detailer to Prep and Seal my cars with g-tech products, or whatever, so that all you need to do is show the car some water and the dirt slides off. Initial professional prep costs £150 to £300 depending on who you use. Now can fill up a few large buckets with water, one with shampoo, and dump them on the car and job done. I also use a pressure sprayer like the one attached to rinse. If the car is very very dirty then I have my detailer come and do a maintenance wash if I don’t have the time to set up.

it’s not the best solution but it allows me to wash my cars in my own time and saves me having to setup a massive hose, power cord and then all the products which would add an hour each side of the “wash”.

Attachments

• ED69A013-54FE-4F34-9F90-E6BA5813E5BC.jpeg
    ED69A013-54FE-4F34-9F90-E6BA5813E5BC.jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 94
Reactions: Booti and Raul_sbd
Similar situation here but I do have a 70m hose, extension cord and pressure washer which I could use, but this is not always practical.

Basically every good car wash I found, that used snow foam and kept “touch” to a minimum etc, either worked out very expensive or could not maintain their business and closed. What I ended up doing was paying a mobile detailer to Prep and Seal my cars with g-tech products, or whatever, so that all you need to do is show the car some water and the dirt slides off. Initial professional prep costs £150 to £300 depending on who you use. Now can fill up a few large buckets with water, one with shampoo, and dump them on the car and job done. I also use a pressure sprayer like the one attached to rinse. If the car is very very dirty then I have my detailer come and do a maintenance wash if I don’t have the time to set up.

it’s not the best solution but it allows me to wash my cars in my own time and saves me having to setup a massive hose, power cord and then all the products which would add an hour each side of the “wash”.
That’s not a bad idea Alex - I will probably try the 2 bucket method first as i already got all the kit for it.
One thing is have you try snow foam your car with that pressure sprayer you have indicated on your post?
Not sure why in England is not common places where the jet gun throws foam instead of having to use the dreadful brush.. In Spain there is an option to foam with the brush or have snow foam from the jet..
Thanks Alex :)..

That’s not a bad idea Alex - I will probably try the 2 bucket method first as i already got all the kit for it.
One thing is have you try snow foam your car with that pressure sprayer you have indicated on your post?
Not sure why in England is not common places where the jet gun throws foam instead of having to use the dreadful brush.. In Spain there is an option to foam with the brush or have snow foam from the jet..
Thanks Alex :)..
A pressure sprayer would not have the needed "pressure" to be able to foam a car to be honest, I use it to rinse.

Here in the UK, well in London, you don't see many people using coin operated washes. Most will visit an £8 supermarket carpark "wash n scratch" where 50 people in jeans and hoodies jump on your car with harsh chemicals as its faster.

Reactions: Raul_sbd and 8YARWY
Snow foam from top down then pressure wash from bottom up. I have seen folk use hand held pump pressure sprayers to do this but a pressure washer is going to be better.

Make sure to concentrate on panel gaps. I found Bilthamber Autofoam to be the best.

Two bucket technique one with the soap (I use Carpro Reset for my car) and one for rinsing both buckets should have grit guards in. Use a long woolled mitt and soap with mitt without putting pressure on the car )let the wool fibres do the work with your hand an inch or two from the body). Rinse after every panel and do them on this order:

Bonnet - roof - boot
Top sides
Front bumper
Lower sides
Rear
Use and Old sponge on wheels with residue of soap

Then pressure wash off top to bottom

If you are using a treatment like Reload use that now by spraying and then wipe with a micro fibre and then light buff with another micro fibre.

If not doing the last step (which I only do from time to time) then use a large micro fibre drying cloth. Do not rub - lay the cloth and let it soak up the water then turn it over an place in next section. Replace when fully wetted.

Snow foam from top down then pressure wash from bottom up. I have seen folk use hand held pump pressure sprayers to do this but a pressure washer is going to be better.

Make sure to concentrate on panel gaps. I found Bilthamber Autofoam to be the best.

Two bucket technique one with the soap (I use Carpro Reset for my car) and one for rinsing both buckets should have grit guards in. Use a long woolled mitt and soap with mitt without putting pressure on the car )let the wool fibres do the work with your hand an inch or two from the body). Rinse after every panel and do them on this order:

Bonnet - roof - boot
Top sides
Front bumper
Lower sides
Rear
Use and Old sponge on wheels with residue of soap

Then pressure wash off top to bottom

If you are using a treatment like Reload use that now by spraying and then wipe with a micro fibre and then light buff with another micro fibre.

If not doing the last step (which I only do from time to time) then use a large micro fibre drying cloth. Do not rub - lay the cloth and let it soak up the water then turn it over an place in next section. Replace when fully wetted.

That sounds like a perfect procedure!!

I have for the Reload the Meguiars hybrophobic Wax, never used before. I will do the 2 buckets on the coin car wash (i have the 2 buckets with the wards- Auto Glym soap- and a lamb wool mitt-

I am sure i will upset more a few waiting lol but probably try doing it earlier in the morning when not many ppl are on the premises, but hey the detailing wasn’t cheap on my car and i dont want to take it near the hand car/roller wash places as swirls will reappear straight away..

Many Thanks :)

Surprised that pressure sprayer can do that! Will look at one of these myself.
For what i been reading and Youtube videos they do work but you need so much pumping and can take a while do cover the whole car..

For what i been reading and Youtube videos they do work but you need so much pumping and can take a while do cover the whole car..
Indeed, but that’s still pretty good if you have limited facilities.

So what process you follow? Jet wash it then fill up the buckets with the jet wash, do the 2 bucket foam the car, and then rinse hot water?
I have got the buckets but wasn’t sure convince if I could upset anyone for the waiting time.. saying that will take the same time with the foam brush.

Thanks mate

That’s precisely what I do. Balls to whoever is waiting. I paid for the tokens. They can like it or lump it.

Like I said. I dont complain when someone’s hairs takes longer than a crew cut in the barbers. Same thing.

Reactions: rashu786
Every four to six months I do a full days valet on the car, with a deep chemical clean - I often have to get a mobile valetor to do the initial wash due to living on a top floor flat and having health restrictions) I then polish and apply two coats of Finish Kare Sealant myself afterwards.

Then I use a waterless wash weekly (best I have found is Triplewax Waterless Wash, the other ones like Meguiars are Waterless Wash and Wax, which dosent work with the sealant too well). Takes about an hour, looks fantastic, zero scratches, and the sealant still remains even after six months.

It's a great way of keeping the motor clean without having access to proper facilities. Granted, I live in London, so it dosen't get caked like it would if I lived out in the suburbia, so may not work for all.

Indeed, but that’s still pretty good if you have limited facilities.
So finally I got one of them.. it’s called Gloria FM30 on Amazon together with an air compressor to save the pumping..
All in all expensive but really happy with the results.
Go to the car wash - water the car- spray the snow foam with my pump- then after few minutes apply mitt and finally rinse! Amazing ;)

So finally I got one of them.. it’s called Gloria FM30 on Amazon together with an air compressor to save the pumping..
All in all expensive but really happy with the results.
Go to the car wash - water the car- spray the snow foam with my pump- then after few minutes apply mitt and finally rinse! Amazing ;)
I’m selling now the Foamer and the air compressor as I am moving to a home shortly with water supplies :)

PM me if interested we can agree a price. Thanks