Coilovers are on! Piccies

RobinA3

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry for the poo pics but it was getting dark and the car was dirty!

Fitted them today on the driveway. Wasn't too hard of a job as i had all the tools required.

Set it at the lowest height but will be raising the rear up a little as its lower on the back than the front so i'll get both ends matched properly.

Ride is really nice considering how low the car is! I would say its the same ride as the standard S-line springs!

I'll get some nicer pics up when i get time to wash the car.

coilovers.jpg

coilovers1.jpg

thats looking very nice robin, liking the low stance of it m8, does this mean theres some cheap springs on the go now ;) hehe

cal

good job mate!

It looks awesome now.

Going to be doing my suspension this weekend coming myself.Mine is a se though, so hopefully will be really noticeable . Currently got 18's on and it looks like a tractor!

Any pointers or tips?

Have you had you alignment checked yet? Just wondering if it does actually mess with anything.

again top effort....

ooooo looking very nice rob, i am gonna have to pop round and see what the ride is like, mind u it will probably only tempt me to get some! lol

Glad your pleased with them mate!! Got yourself a little bargain there!! :)

Did you leave the spring platform adjusters off the rear??

Looks good but I agree, come up 5mm at the rear and it should be lovely..

Also the car will settle a little over the next day or two as they have been off a car for a few days!

Jonny

thats looking very nice robin, liking the low stance of it m8, does this mean theres some cheap springs on the go now ;) hehe

cal

Uhh no 1st come 1st serve u little git, already bagged week or so ago (I hope) lol

Robin we still on, if so pm your details for paypal fella & will send tonite.

Looks good Robin. I think lowering will be my next mod - at least it will be the next major one! I'm sure I'll find a couple more cheap and cheerful ones to tide me over until then!

cal

It did mate but they sold to another member off the forum.

good job mate!

It looks awesome now.

Going to be doing my suspension this weekend coming myself.Mine is a se though, so hopefully will be really noticeable . Currently got 18's on and it looks like a tractor!

Any pointers or tips?

Have you had you alignment checked yet? Just wondering if it does actually mess with anything.

again top effort....

The alignment will be done mid week after i get some new tyres after they got absolutely got mullered on the track day yesterday. The car drives perfectly so the alignment isn't out that much, steering still straight and doesn't pull to one side or anything.

As for pointers and tips, on the rear all you need to do is remove the damper and change it, with the springs just drop the bottom arm off so it swings down so you can remove the spring, to put the arm back in place with the new spring just a trolley jack to lift the arm into place as you are going against the spring force, no need for spring compressors.

As for the front make sure you have an 18mm deep socket, you could use a spanner but an 18mm deep socket on a breaker bar would make life much easier, you don't need to drop the driveshaft out or anything, just move the steering from lock to lock in order to get the damper strut out.

ooooo looking very nice rob, i am gonna have to pop round and see what the ride is like, mind u it will probably only tempt me to get some! lol

Mate pop over when you have time and we'll go for a hooooon! The ride is soooooooooo much better than our old proper slammed Polos!

Glad your pleased with them mate!! Got yourself a little bargain there!! :)

Did you leave the spring platform adjusters off the rear??

Looks good but I agree, come up 5mm at the rear and it should be lovely..

Also the car will settle a little over the next day or two as they have been off a car for a few days!

Jonny

Yeah i did mate, well happy with them, the quality of KW is just brilliant, also noticed that the spring platforms are plastic which means no seizing like the other coilovers, i have covered them in motorbike chain wax to ensure they keep in good condition.

I did fit the rear spring platform as i don't want the car to be slammed, i'll give it a few turns tomorrow to bring it up a few mm to even things out.

Also went out before for a hooooon and there was no scrubbing so i am glad i swapped the 15mm spacers for 10mm's!

Uhh no 1st come 1st serve u little git, already bagged week or so ago (I hope) lol

you got pm mate.

Looks great Robin - you need to get back on track and compare ;)

Ha ha ha, I hear you - mine only went on Wednesday last week and they are already looking decidedly worse for wear!

Looks good Robin - any plans for a rim change?

I would take your rims, and get the edge polished!

Ha ha ha, I hear you - mine only went on Wednesday last week and they are already looking decidedly worse for wear!

lol

mine had 3mm left when i went on the track and now they are almost bald, they start to bubble due to the heat and they are really chewed!

Off to get some Goodyear F1's or the GSD3 (i think thats the right name for them) mid week, another £500 down the drain!

Looks good Robin - any plans for a rim change?

I would take your rims, and get the edge polished!

nah i like the 20 spoke alloys, they just need a good cleaning and bling to get them looking good, plus the only wheels i would replace them with are BBS LM's but we are talking thousands of wedge!

lol

mine had 3mm left when i went on the track and now they are almost bald, they start to bubble due to the heat and they are really chewed!

Off to get some Goodyear F1's or the GSD3 (i think thats the right name for them) mid week, another £500 down the drain!

I put the Goodyear Assy's on last Wed's and can recommend them. They are quieter than the Conti Sportcontact 2's they replaced and were good on track!

how did u no i was little dude? lol :3sadwalk:no probs guys hehe wortha try ;)

cal

Robin,

I think it looks absolutely gorgeous right now! Now you only need a Turbo Back exhaust, and a remap to make yourself even happier!!

Very nice Robin!

Got to agree on the wheels - I love them on mine. I've noticed though that the lacquer is peeling on my rears, so will be going in to Audi shortly to do a warranty claim on them along with a copy of the post a while back where a couple of others had the same problem if I remember.

I put the Goodyear Assy's on last Wed's and can recommend them. They are quieter than the Conti Sportcontact 2's they replaced and were good on track!

I currently have the old F1's on but i have ordered some GSD3 Assy's which are to be fitted tomorrow, £450 all in.

Robin,

I think it looks absolutely gorgeous right now! Now you only need a Turbo Back exhaust, and a remap to make yourself even happier!!

Got the remap already, exhaust will be provided by Mr Santa if i keep the missus happy!

Very nice Robin!

Got to agree on the wheels - I love them on mine. I've noticed though that the lacquer is peeling on my rears, so will be going in to Audi shortly to do a warranty claim on them along with a copy of the post a while back where a couple of others had the same problem if I remember.

Mine have started to corrode but i will be having them polished when they get really really bad!