Coilover rear fitting adjuster advice

Lcrboy

Reaction score
Hi folks just bought a set of kw's when fitting the rear spring, does the adjuster sit at the top of the spring or bottom?

I.i does it sit in the suspension arm or at the top on the underneath of the chassis

everyone ive seen it sits at the bottom , but then you cannot get to adjust it ,either way put some copper slip on the threads as in a few months time they wont budge if you need to re-adjust.

I'm not sure it matters. Mine is at the top (chassis side) and it seemed to locate perfect and is easily accessible for adjustment as above. But then again mine are not kw so I can only comment on the weitec's I have. Also the s3 is slowish from standard so to see and noticeable difference in ride height screw the adjusters as far as it goes haha :icon_thumright:

I have fitted mine to the bottom.

But like said previously it is a nightmare to get in to readjust then.
I had to unbolt the swing arm to get into them

I have AP's which are apparently made by kW and they are at the top.

Same with my AP's.

When I tried to adjust the rears on mine, the whole thing just span so I drilled a hole in the top black bit. This means I can put a screwdriver, or something similar, into the hole and then just turn the adjuster with the C spanner. Makes it 100 times easier to adjust compared to unbolting the swing arm etc.

Cheers, so I'm best to fit them at the top rather than the bottom