Coil spring

pedro61163

Reaction score
Had broken coil spring replaced at aberdeen Audi, steering wheel now sitting off centre,contacted garage who said it's not anything they've done that's caused it told them it was okay before spring changed so now booked in for investigation on November 1st

Did they put the correct spring on?
There must be quite a few variation, sport, sline, s3 and maybe something different for the rs3.

I hope so it was replaced for mot which only cost me £10 because I had mot protection which was a bonus for me .when I went to pay I didn't know I had mot protection

Measure the heights on a flat surface and see if there is much variation across the axles.
I normally measure from centre of wheel to the wheel arch or ground to corner of sideskirt. Shouldn’t be much in it ok a flat surface.
Also the new spring might need to settle.

They should have replaced both springs on an axle and done an alignment. If they only changed one, there will be an imbalance. The other one on the axle will probably break soon too.

They should have replaced both springs on an axle and done an alignment. If they only changed one, there will be an imbalance. The other one on the axle will probably break soon too.
Unlikely they would do that under warranty. If I was paying for it I would do the 2 as well