Coil Packs

griswold

Reaction score
My TQS is running a bit rough under heavy acceleration.
Cleaned my mass air sensor will drive tomorrow to see if its made a difference.
Gsf have 2 types of coil packs to buy anyone know what brand they sell?
want to get them tomorrow.
eurocarparts out off stock for collection so will probably get from gsf and maybe a sensor.
euros sell beru which is on my genuine audi coils are these the same?
Thanks

Well i read your post about similar problem.
You changed coils but turned out to be a boost leak but i thought you had a dogey coil.
I cant find anything. i replaced vac line to dv swapped metal dv to old 710n valve, new plugs new fuel filter
Still judders for a bit when foot lightly down, slow driving ok.
anything else i should check?

Call the dealer, I think there could be an available recall for coilpacks. I can check for you at work if you'd like. If there is then free parts and labour :-D

No recall on these cars unforunately, mainly because they have coils that almost never fail!

Does sound very similar to my parents problem, on theirs you could drive around with minimum throttle with not much of a problem, open it up a bit and it would start bucking and jolting. Mash the foot down and get the revs above 3.5k and you'd get a few buck/jolts then it'd take off at full boost no problem. This ofcourse should have been the telltale that it wasnt ignition related. If you can ignite the mixture at full boost, then there shouldnt be an issue igniting it at low/medium throttle angles.

I suggest you look for boost leaks, mine was a split hose off the inlet manifold, one that goes off to the bulkhead for the tank vent or something. Pressure test it if you can.

Could also be a faulty MAF, you can always try disconnecting it and driving around and see if its any better. Though make 100% sure you have no boost leaks before doing this, as disconnecting a working MAF when you have a boost leak would also make it drive better.

My Golf GTi did this, different engines I know but it turned out to be a faulty ground/earth. Took me ages to figure that out!