Coil Packs

Masterm8fo

Warmonger
Reaction score
How much and where can i buy them ???

am having an eratic idle and just changed plugs to champion platinum
next poss coil packs....

audi dealer - i think mine were about £16 each, but its not likely to be the cause of your eratic idle - when the coil packs go the car wont run properly and sounds like a tractor

I had a problem similar to this recently.I swapped the coil packs round but the misfire was still on the same cylinder.Had to take it to Derby Audi who diagnosed a faulty ignition amplifier module,and only charged me £16 labour.The module was £180 though!

yeah its a bit strange actually as it kinda revs in an eratic manor but there is a definate rhythm to it - does that make sense ????

it is completely fine at moment and when it does play up it is fine once under higher revs but is just annoying when at idle

also there was a problem that i had where then engine would just cut out once off the accelerator and on the brake such as approaching junctions/traffic lights
ther revs would just drop like abomb and engine cut out
i realise that this is obv pretty dangerous but its not done it for a while - cant help but think it might be related

i think i will take it in to dealer after Xmas then as i
would like to have it fixed and know what it is before i get my re-map on 7th Jan

toss bag piece of [censored] car keeps cutting out again
just started again

anyone else had similar symptoms in past ????
it cuts out when i approach junctions and off the go pedal and onto brake
rev needle just drops like a stone and then engine cuts out
it doesnt soind like it is running as smoothly as it should either

this is very very very annoying and makes me feel like doing a basil fawlty on it witha large stick

You may have been through this but have you checked the MAF? Lumpy running and cutting out seem to be classic MAF symptoms.

If you have access to VAG.COM you should see relevant error codes.

Hope this helps,

Greg

will check this out
the ECU has not detected any errors and the engine management light is not on

can there still be error codes on the system even tho this light is not on ???

My understanding is that errors are categorised - only major errors will cause the engine management light to come on.

Greg