Coil Packs - has anyone got one!

audi_girl

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
My car is on the back of an RAC tow truck and needs a coil pack.

Been told by a dealer that it will be at least March - does anybody have TT/S3 coil pack for sale !!!!

Will pay !!!!!

I wonder if they can be repaired?

Can't be too much in them, presume it's just a coil and perhaps an electronic switch?

Does anyone know if they can be dismantled? If so, then I bet I could fix one.

-Dan

I think that AlexC mentioned that he had some but not sure if he is ready to sell them yet, have a look at the thread on breakers in the Links forum Here I think the Audishop have a few S3's in breaking at the moment.

Cheers,

Jon.

I heard about this problem yesterday when i was kicking up because they haven't got a heater blower motor for a 98 Passat, they cant get one until february, it seems that they are having a major parts crisis at the moment. The passat has been off the road since before christmas and is losing us money every day it would normally cover about 1600 miles per week.

I did hear that dealers have been taking the coil packs off forecourt sales cars to get customers back on the road.

Matthew

Coil packs are a very sore subject right now,even i'm having major problems getting some /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Tell me about it !

Two of mine have gone - I spent about 6 hours phoning breakers yards, audi dealers, unofficial channels.. people with their own spares... everything with no luck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

So what is it that's causing everything to break now - is it the cold weather? I don't understand how that could affect the coils......

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder if they can be repaired?

Can't be too much in them, presume it's just a coil and perhaps an electronic switch?

Does anyone know if they can be dismantled? If so, then I bet I could fix one.

-Dan

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Mr Fix it! there's one way to find out - why don't you see if you can get hold of a broken one and have a go?

If you can fix them you'll make a small fortune /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
unofficial channels

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I couldn't help out Jo.

The phrase 'Rocking horse manure' comes to mind. But have
a phone list for the 30 Audi Techs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif how much am I bid ?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif (I was joking btw!)

Graham

Hi Jo,

Seriosuly, if they look at all like they can be dismantled, then by all means send me one.

I won't be online much today, but if you need my address then Joshie has it.

I can't promise anything, but I'll certainly have a look for you.

.....I never could refuse a damsel in distress /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks !

When I go to pick the car up (whenever that may be) I will get them for you !

Only time I don't want an S3 is when I see all the 'Coil Pack Broken Agaain' type posts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif