Coil Pack Failure - Warranty?

Rob W8

Reaction score
Website
www.w8performance.co.uk
One of my coil packs went on Sunday. It is all sorted now thanks to a very nice AA man with a good supply of spares on board (£28).
I have read a few posts and looked on other forums and a few people have theirs replaced even out of warranty. Mine is a 2001 with nearly 90k.

The engine code is ARY the same as the TT's that were recalled. I have called my local Audi garage and think they may well have just fobbed me off saying it will all be ok blah blah....

Has anyone actually had theirs replaced out of warranty or had any other problems?

The part that came out of mine ended with a 'J' and was replaced with an 'L'. Apprently the coil pack to solve all problems ends with an 'N'.

It is a really easy problem to sort and relatively cheap. However, if i can get someone from my stealership I will try.

Rob

I've replaced all four on my S3 at my own cost when one failed and I don't think there is any hope on older cars for getting Audi to help unless your car missed the recall, which I'm guessing will also be pretty hard to get Audi to sort out.