Coil light flashing & engine management light

S k

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wanted some opinions about a issue I’m having with my car. It’s a Audi A3 2012 tdi 92k mileage
My coil light started flashing followed by the engine management light, I’ve also been in limp mode
I’ve used the odbeleven app to see if I would get any codes, the 2 I’ve received is:

- P15A100

Any ideas on what the issue may be? Thanks :)

Last edited:
My owners manual says the amber "coil" light is the "engine management light for the diesel engine car" and if it flashes when driving it indicates an engine management fault e.g. a sensor. What is the other light? Is it the DPF light? I don't recognise that fault code in the context of engine sensors and/or dpf.

Reactions: S k
Thank you for the response. I get engine management light then 5 minutes later while driving the coil light starts to flash and then the limp mode starts. But there is no dpf light

When my coil light began to flash and going into limp mode I had to replace my egr valve. They get clogged and the motor breaks down as they are not sold separately mine wasn’t worth cleaning as that wouldn’t have solved my problem, just replaced it all and no problems since.

Thank you for the response. Yes it may be the egr valve as I’m getting the same indications as you were
If that’s the issue I’ll do the same or maybe having it deleted?

I thought the coil light was the glow plugs on the diesels? Maybe check your wiring loom first as this is a known failure point.

Thank u for your response but yes thank you I’ll check out the wiring loom if that’s what’s causing this

At this time of year the temps are not cold enough for the glow plugs to kick in, and if your car is starting ok then I’d guess that’s not the issue. Once the egr becomes really clogged the motor chews the internals so even after a good clean it still won’t make a difference. I gave mine a really good clean to try it but made no difference. You cannot buy the motor on its own so just replaced the whole unit. No issues since.