1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
  1. quattrogone

quattrogone Quattro Back!

I live about 45 miles away from Exeter near the Cornwall boarder, can anyone recommend a company or individual that will code me a second hand instrument cluster into the car with my correct mileage applied e.t.c.?
    I don't mind meeting at an agreed location if it's too far for them to travel.

TIA
    Darren

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group VCDS Map User S-line owners group quattro Audi A6 Audi A3 Audi Avant Owner Group S tronic

You won't find many members on here that have the hack tools to change the mileage on a used cluster, VCDS, VCP won't do it and neither will ODIS. Depending on the year and model of the cluster it will also need component protection protection removing, which requires a genuine licensed version of ODIS which dealers have and some third party companies have. Also older cluster have the immobiliser information stored in them, which again requires ODIS or other third party software to read the immobiliser information stored on the old cluster.

Custer replacement is not something you want to do unless you are at a garage, as you could end up with a bricked car wherever your parked and no way to get the car started if you have immobiliser issues..

4. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding™ Site Sponsor Team Ibis VAG Can Professional Gold Supporter VCDS Map User quattro ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

Might be an idea to let us know what car you have...

5. quattrogone

quattrogone Quattro Back!

Hi, thanks for the heads up.
    I have an '54 plate A4 Avant b6 1.8t Quattro only has 80k on it hence wanting to transfer the mileage.
    The main reason for changing is the DIS is starting to pixelate and also throwing up rear bulb fault when there is none.