Coding your B9

Syed Shah

Cars are a mans best friend, then dogs..
Reaction score
Does anyone have an idea of what can be coded on to a B9 with Technology Pack?

Can't give you a specific list but I can recommend OBDELEVEN, which is a combination of a dongle you plug into your car OBD port and an app on your phone to run it. It offers a series of pre-canned changes such as needle sweep on start up plus the ability to make manual changes via changes to various settings.

Reactions: Syed Shah
Can't give you a specific list but I can recommend OBDELEVEN, which is a combination of a dongle you plug into your car OBD port and an app on your phone to run it. It offers a series of pre-canned changes such as needle sweep on start up plus the ability to make manual changes via changes to various settings.

Appreciated mate I will give it a check!

A Carista device should be good if they are up to date, check their website for B9,s.

I have a little question, regarding lane assist. From what I know that can be coded on to the car, but what I don't understand is that, without the stalk specific for cars standard with lane assist, how would you turn it off?

You don’t, well other than turning off traction control.

Tbh it is and I’d agree.... I want it on motorways not local roads, you get what you pay for :whistle2:

I have enabled it on mine and it’s definitely a bit of a pain when you can feel it trying to steer on faster roads. Around town it’s fine as it only kicks in at 37mph. I’m considering taking it back off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have enabled it on mine and it’s definitely a bit of a pain when you can feel it trying to steer on faster roads. Around town it’s fine as it only kicks in at 37mph. I’m considering taking it back off

I think that's enough to put me off tbh. Amount of times I find myself changing lanes, I think it would become very intrusive if I can't turn it off.

If you use the indicators when changing lanes, as you should, there is no issue and the lane assist then knows you wish to change lanes. That's how the proper system works, however by coding it you are getting something the car is not adapted for so it's no surprise really...

If you use the indicators when changing lanes, as you should, there is no issue and the lane assist then knows you wish to change lanes. That's how the proper system works, however by coding it you are getting something the car is not adapted for so it's no surprise really...

Even with it fitted from factory, I actually find it a little annoying that I have to indicate to move back into the left lane on a dual carriageway since, technically, you're not supposed to do that unless you're also leaving the carriageway. Means either turning it off each time, putting up with the steering wheel vibrating as a warning or using the indicators and looking like you don't know the highway code... First world problems huh? Haha.

First world problems huh? Haha.
Quite, but no-one is being forced to use theses systems though, yet, and I don't use lane assist at all. However I do indicate whenever I am changing lanes anyway, as I was taught to. However there is a lot of bad habits on multi lane highways, many don't bother and some seem to think that using their indicator is a excuse to move into the path of another car without looking. Maybe it is those the system is aimed at...

Quite, but no-one is being forced to use theses systems though, yet, and I don't use lane assist at all. However I do indicate whenever I am changing lanes anyway, as I was taught to. However there is a lot of bad habits on multi lane highways, many don't bother and some seem to think that using their indicator is a excuse to move into the path of another car without looking. Maybe it is those the system is aimed at...

I like it for my 75 mile commute on a Monday and Friday as it just takes the edge off the trip a bit, especially when combined with the ACC.

Definitely agree with what you're saying about people putting on their indicators and moving out regardless of whether a car is there or not. That said, I did this one time completely by accident because I'd looked in my mirror and seen a car a safe distance back and by the time I was fully in the new lane the car was right up my chuff and flashing me. Once I'd moved back over I was a bit confused how I'd made the mistake and followed him - at 110mph. So no wonder I misjudged his closing time!

I don’t find the problem to be when changing lanes (I use my indicators), it’s general driving on fast roads as you’ll feel it try to steer for you which can be a pain due to not having the hardware on the car to turn it off (which is why I’m considering removing it).

To clarify, I use my indicators 99% of the time (I like to show off the sweeping indicators) but would want to turn it off without having to code it. Yes I should have specd the car with it but meh

I don’t find the problem to be when changing lanes (I use my indicators), it’s general driving on fast roads as you’ll feel it try to steer for you which can be a pain due to not having the hardware on the car to turn it off (which is why I’m considering removing it).

By adding a feature by hacking into the system without having all the abilities to control then yes I can see why you'd wish to turn it off. Sometimes something for free is not always so ecomomic...

By adding a feature by hacking into the system without having all the abilities to control then yes I can see why you'd wish to turn it off. Sometimes something for free is not always so ecomomic...

Only did it to see what it was like, would definitely turn it back on if I was going on a long M-way journey

If you have the front camera you can also turn on traffic sign recognition...

If you have the front camera you can also turn on traffic sign recognition...

Tried but it didn’t work, was under the impression that so far to get it working you have to purchase a specific single from Kufatec

All that device does is change the coding anyway. It has been performed successfully in this forum and on AudiWorld as well....